Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems Mopar does it again with all the Hype and HP talk, getting all the publicity and car junkies blood moving! I must say I am one of them with my Octane Red 2017 Challenger R/T. But it really seems like these 5.7's have some issues. the 1st issue I have experienced is the noisy engine with loud lifter noise which started at 32,000 miles. Right at 37,000 miles I have squeaky exhaust sounds from the exhaust flaps opening and closing then the servo's that control those flappers completely failed at 40,000 miles. These are my issues, and obviously if I just have gone ahead and upgraded the Cam, Lifters, and rods there would be no tick. Same with the exhaust, if I had upgraded the exhaust there would be no squeaky flapper noises or bad servo's. But these issues are common and not rare problems. We as consumers should Not allow problems like these to go unnoticed. I will not buy another Dodge/Chrysler product if the dealership shoves me away again after being there 3 times already. I have 56,000 miles on it now and I have been complaining about the bad Lifters since 32,000 miles. The dealerships just keep shoving me away saying Its normal for this motor. Well if it's normal to put lousy lifters in the motor that don't oil properly maybe they should let the consumer know they will be replacing a cam in early miles if they do not upgrade the "cam and lifters and rods" before they buy the vehicle. This type of business isn't cool it really makes a Dodge Fanatic turn away from Dodge completely. That being said, if in the future if Dodge makes right by our issues I would completely change my whole outlook, but as of right now I am the probably the saddest Dodge owner around because of the lack of care about the customer. I am going to say a bad word now nobody can say its not. I have seen "CHEVY" go out of there way for the customer over and over again in my area of Pennsylvania taking full responsibility for things like this. Now why is Dodge playing us for fools? Love the look of my car but what good is looks without being able to back up reliability. Maybe Dodge is taking over all the sayings from the old days like Found on Road Dead and Don't buy it Dodge it. Because buying a Dodge is pretty Dodgey. I have Chevy guys and gals saying things I thought I would never hear come out of there mouths like Chevy's last longer! My god what kind of a world are we living in where Chevy guys are not the ones fixing there vehicles every weekend and people saying that Hemi's are Lousy motors? Challenger? there really is no Challenge without people to drive them. So come on Dodge get off your ass and do something about it! because without us there will be no Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. Am I the only one feeling the pain? Well I certainly feel like it thanks to you Dodge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts