Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
20x9 Scat Pack wheels with Atturo AZ800 all season tires on 275/40/20 with 70-80% tread. All wheels in good condition, one wheel has very minor curb rash it’s hardly noticeable. Wheels will not come with Tpms sensors. Wheels were off a Dodge Challenger fits Dodge Chargers as well. Asking $850 picked up in Tracy,CA.
Willing to ship, buyer pays shipping and handling.

Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Rim Tire
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Rim
Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Tire Rim
Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle
Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Tread Auto part
Tire Automotive tire Alloy wheel Wheel Auto part
Product Tire Automotive tire

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
661 Posts
Based on the caliper covers and R/T chin spoiler, looks like they weren't on an SP in the pictures. Not saying it matters, other than I am curious how they fit up front. Heard that an R/T can't run those wheels because the tire rubs on the spindle.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Based on the caliper covers and R/T chin spoiler, looks like they weren't on an SP in the pictures. Not saying it matters, other than I am curious how they fit up front. Heard that an R/T can't run those wheels because the tire rubs on the spindle.
I did not have any issues with the tire rubbing even with the bigger tires. I do have an R/T.

·
Registered
16,216 Posts
These were the standard wheels in 17 and 18 when the Performance Handling Group was ordered so no issues at all.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
661 Posts
These were the standard wheels in 17 and 18 when the Performance Handling Group was ordered so no issues at all.

Right, but that would have gotten the SP/SRT spindles to go with the Brembo brakes and it was the spindles that I understood to be the issue with those wheels. And he doesn't appear to have the Performance Handling Group unless he covered them with caliper covers.

He said he didn't have issues, so not arguing, just explaining why I asked the question.

·
Registered
16,216 Posts
Right, but that would have gotten the SP/SRT spindles to go with the Brembo brakes and it was the spindles that I understood to be the issue with those wheels. And he doesn't appear to have the Performance Handling Group unless he covered them with caliper covers.

He said he didn't have issues, so not arguing, just explaining why I asked the question.
Good point. I wonder though just how different the spindles are with relation to the wheel offsets.

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
661 Posts
Good point. I wonder though just how different the spindles are with relation to the wheel offsets.

I know I have looked at my buddies SP with the light weight wheels (18.5mm offset) and my R/T with the STP wheels (24mm offset) and his has a fair amount more room than it should if the spindles were close.

Also found these pictures when I was looking at how to run wider wheels:

Stock R/T with the WR2 wheels - 20x9 ET25.5

I didn't save a link for these pictures, but I know I saved them together when I was documenting the data for future reference.

The industry rule of thumb is that for every 1/2" change in rim width, the tire's section width will correspondingly change by approximately 2/10"(5mm). So if you went from an 8" rim to a 9" wheel, you would gain 4/10" in total tire width.

Calculated clearance on above spindle would be 6” based on a 9.6” section width (Eagle F1) for a 245 tire on an 8” rim plus 10mm add for 1” wider wheel and ET25.5 offset. (243.84 section with + 10mm for 1" wider wheel divided by 2 + 25.5 wheel offset).

Based on what I found at that time, one guy said his 2015 SRT had 1/2" of clearance with 275/40R20's on rims with an ET18.5 rims. That would put the spindle at 6.875" from the fact of the rotor giving about 7/8" more clearance to the spindle.

Different tires and such would probably certainly influence things. There is a local guy running OEM Hellcat wheels on his early R/T without issues, so...

·
Registered
16,216 Posts
That is some great info!

I don't like that clearance above at all, way too tight!

I've got the Hellcat 18.5 mm offset wheels with stock Pirelli 275s on my SRT and have much more clearance.

So I'd have to say run only the 18.5 mm WRT or Hellcat wheels on the R/T, the 25.5 mm just don't look safe to me.

Here's my car..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts