Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Account Disabled by User
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has added the classic challenger emblem below their hood to fender rt stripes? Pics?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Just curious if anyone has added the classic challenger emblem below their hood to fender rt stripes? Pics?
I did. From avondale auto or something like that. I thought they looked nice, plus I hoped people would stop calling it a Charger. :) Hard to see.

·
Registered
157 Posts
QOTE=Gecko;795629]Just curious if anyone has added the classic challenger emblem below their hood to fender rt stripes? Pics?[/QUOTE]

My '09 R/T has the "R/T" fender decal removed (kept stripes) and the script Challenger badge added, looks great.

·
Account Disabled by User
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you post a pic? Sounds like that looks pretty good

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I added them to my SE when I had it, but my fenders now have an RT emblem on the fender and I dont have enough room above it to put the script emblem. I now had a super bee decal below my RT on the fender.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I did the same as performance-first to my Torred Challenger. I took the R/T off and put the challenger script there and kept the stripes on. I like the challenger script better than the R/T. Got the challenger script from a guy on the forum here and Ive seen them on ebay. I have an R/T emblem similar to the grill emblem on my spoiler

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,574 Posts
Did mine a while ago..... I like it.... I opted to leave the R/T decal alone.

·
Registered
585 Posts
i did the same thing..... great minds lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,574 Posts
Are you back east? I hope so... if we were to meet somehow, a massive explosion might occur! I think you have excellent taste by the way....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the a Brilliant Black with the grey hood stripes and R/T letters, i've added a 1970 T/A reflective script Challenger under the R/T. Also removed the Challenger block letters from the pass.side of the grille and added the script Challenger logo from a 1970 to the driver.side along with the 1970 size red R/T logo next to it and same set up on the back on the pass.side of the spoiler like a '70 .. oh yea and took the original smaller R/T logo from the front grill and dblside taped it to the dash next to the dash emblem.
Also added the 5 piece, door handle and window chrome surround. Cool stuff .

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
... plus I hoped people would stop calling it a Charger...
Great looking Mustang!

:) Sorry... couldn't resist.

I think you could put "Challenger" in 12" letters on the doors, wouldn't matter, some people would still call it a Charger/Camaro/Mustang as they were trying to figure out what "Challenger" meant.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Speaking of the hood to fender stripes that you have..

I traded my stone white 2010 SE for a new redline 2011 R/T today. It was ordered without any stripes, (I didn't order it). The only ones I want are the hood to fender kind with the R/T under them.... But I have two questions..... Where do I get the stripes? So far a brief check online didn't find any actual original Dodge stripes, just a bunch of aftermarket types... and I'd be worried that they wouldn't be as good? And for the second question.... Would black or silver look best?

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
I traded my stone white 2010 SE for a new redline 2011 R/T today. It was ordered without any stripes, (I didn't order it). The only ones I want are the hood to fender kind with the R/T under them.... But I have two questions..... Where do I get the stripes? So far a brief check online didn't find any actual original Dodge stripes, just a bunch of aftermarket types... and I'd be worried that they wouldn't be as good? And for the second question.... Would black or silver look best?
Check out Jims at ....DODGE PARTS - CHALLENGER PARTS - Dodge Challenger OEM Exterior Parts - SRT-8 SPOILER - SE & R/T SPOILER he has the factory parts and part numbers. You can order from Jims or go to any on-line Dodge dealer and plug in the part numbers and order from them.
1LW72RXFAA Right kit
1LW73RXFAA Left kit
1LW76RXFAA R/T

Oh, and Black is the only way to go.....

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hah! I just re-read the thread - sorry, missed the under the stripes part...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts