Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just to let you guys know the TPN/Blackforest Dodge Challenger posted the fastest lap times over 3 days of testing at Daytona speedway last weekend in the Grand am continental tire challenge series..
This was the final test day event leading up to the season opening race at Daytona speedway at the end of the month
The car is running strong and looks like it should have a good season this year after working out some issues that plagued the car last year.
Anyone interested can get more info at Grand am website and the TPN racing website.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Congrats to the team!!!! :D

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Sweet. I missed you guys last year at limerock. Hope this years alot better. Plus there should be two challengers racing this year. Any word about mike yet?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TPN should be at Limerock , havent heard about anyone else entering a challenger in the series yet.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Hey what happened at daytona. Everything ok. With you and the car. I seen you pulled off the track early. Post an update.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a disappointing start to the season. We qualified in 13th which wasn't too bad, the car was running strong and we were pretty happy with the setup After a good start to the race right in the lead pack, we had a power steering failure which took us out of the race.
The good thing is the car didn't get damaged and we are ready to comeback strong in Homestead.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I hope
So
I'm thinking of going to vir in may Keep us posted because tv is a week or so behind

·
Registered
402 Posts
when is the Homestead race?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Homestead race is March 5th. It will air on speed the following week.
I will post an update after the race. Vir should be a blast . Great track for watching the race.

·
Registered
574 Posts
This morning the #5 Challenger was 3rd fastest in Continental Tire series practice, but developed a rod knock and TPN Black Forest decided to withdraw the car from the race.
does that mean the challenger is out of the race???

I was lookin forward to this. ill be watchin n cheering for ya guys regardless

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Will you guys be running at Road America? Thinking about going if I can see a Challenger run.........

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes unfortunately the Challenger had a noise coming from the engine and low oil pressure so we were unable to run the race.
During practice the car was strong and we had got our set up about where we wanted it before the engine problem.
Sorry guys, but we will be back and running strong again I will post here when I know what our next race will be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
renfrick1 We do have some support from Dodge, deranged, Hopefully we will be running road America check back closer to the date of the race.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
For those that may have missed these threads, we have a ton of pics as well as a race recap from Homestead weekend. Speedlogix is now on board as a sponsor of TPN/Blackforest, and we look forward to a great partnership. TPN is a great group of guys, and they are developing two new platform cars in the Challenger and New Mustang. Both will be very competitive soon!

Here are the links to some pics and other info from last weekends event.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f53/tpn-racings-grand-am-challenger-race-car-pics-53689/

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f53/positives-tpn-racings-grand-am-homestead-miami-event-53685/

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f53/speedlogix-sponsors-tpn-black-forest-challenger-grand-am-homestead-53390/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts