Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find some other Challenger owners meet and and hang out and Cruse around with only been in Alabama now for a few years had to quit work to take care of the old lady she has cancer so I don't do a lot. Spend a lot of time trying different things to my car some work out good some not so good want to take it and have Dyno test to see what it has now I'm hoping for about 500 horses
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure it's 500 that is just a estimate and a goal have headers 90mm throttle body cold air intake and Diablo I 3 tuner running 93 oct. Also have pedal commander turned all the way up I've been told it don't add hp but it was the first thing I done to my car add it sure made the power come alive I have the Challenger classic with the 5.7 Hemi r/t and was told it comes stock with 370 hp and just the regular Challenger 5.7hemi comes with 345hp that why I aim looking to get it to a Dyno test

One other thing I've done to my car was gutted my cats have no mufflers or resanaters only x pipe

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
29,099 Posts
All 5.7L Challengers had 370-375 HP, 345 is the cubic inches (approximately) of the 5.7L ;)

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
16,053 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you but you will not come close to 500 hp. For that you would need a supercharger or nitrous. Headers should give you about 30 hp, the tuner should give you about 10-15 hp, the throttle body 6 hp. and the CAI 0-5 hp., so a maximum of about 428 hp.

Let us know the dyno results.

The 345 hp figure that you cited refers to the older-version 5.7L HEMI engine that debuted with the 2003 Dodge Ram. The new RAM 1500 truck actually has 390 hp.

When mated to a six-speed manual transmission, the 5.7 HEMI, in the Challenger R/T has 375 hp and 410 lb-ft. Power and torque drop to 372 hp and 400 lb-ft. if paired with a ZF eight-speed automatic transmission.

·
Registered
2011 SXT
3,310 Posts
Not sure it's 500 that is just a estimate and a goal have headers 90mm throttle body cold air intake and Diablo I 3 tuner running 93 oct. Also have pedal commander turned all the way up I've been told it don't add hp but it was the first thing I done to my car add it sure made the power come alive I have the Challenger classic with the 5.7 Hemi r/t and was told it comes stock with 370 hp and just the regular Challenger 5.7hemi comes with 345hp that why I aim looking to get it to a Dyno test

One other thing I've done to my car was gutted my cats have no mufflers or resanaters only x pipe
Pedal Commander does not add any HP nor does any Pedal Enhancer FWIW... They only change the Response time of the Lag Pedal to TB...
With a Good Tune on the Car its not doing anything but creating a Fail Point of over voltage draw on the 5vold Pedal TB Circuit...
A Tune TB and 93 may get you around 360ish ... You need Headers, Cam, Upgraded High Flow Air Filter to start moving the numbers more north, but to break 500hp
with a 5.7 then your talking Pistons, Heads, and Headers, Cam, to make major changes still in the 400ish range...

Rest will be Super Charger, Turbo or a Gas Charge for a few Seconds of HP...

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
292 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you but you will not come close to 500 hp. For that you would need a supercharger or nitrous. Headers should give you about 30 hp, the tuner should give you about 10-15 hp, the throttle body 6 hp. and the CAI 0-5 hp., so a maximum of about 428 hp.

The stock 80mm TB already flows over 1000cfm, changing it will not change anything power wise, seen it tested on 392s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts