Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by a gentleman who is thinking about buying my car that he researched and read that Dodge is going to make a convertible out of the current car in 2020. I have not heard anything. Anyone with any news?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Dodge themselves aren't making one. Maybe when the redesign gets here. You can get one, but it's aftermarket. I believe there is Dodge dealership that sales these and I think they are in Florida.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,333 Posts
I've not even seen the rumor until now

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,434 Posts
The Challenger was originally designed with the idea of a convertible model. Unfortunately, the bean counters decided that it would not be profitable to manufacture.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
The Challenger was originally designed with the idea of a convertible model. Unfortunately, the bean counters decided that it would not be profitable to manufacture.
Not to start a debate here, but from I heard is that with what these car weighs that reinforcing the frame for added flex cause of the roof gone would add weight to these cars. So Dodge nixed the idea.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
Dodge themselves aren't making one. Maybe when the redesign gets here. You can get one, but it's aftermarket. I believe there is Dodge dealership that sales these and I think they are in Florida.
"Sells" not "Sales"

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
tell the old guy to hold out for the super secret limited release Dodge SRTcatPack Cuda Convertible thats coming real soon!
he'll be glad he did! :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,333 Posts
Not like it will "brake" the internet ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was a guy trying to buy my car using this to scare me that my value would go way down!!! Thanks, everyone!!! Great forum as usual!

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Drop Top Customs in High Springs, FL has made them for quite a while. You can find them at www.droptopcustoms.com. There's a dealership that brings several to the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals each year. They retail the convertible conversion for right at $20,000.00.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,333 Posts
It was A Guy trying to buy my car using this to scare me that my value would go way down!!! Thanks, everyone!!! Great forum as usual!
I have no recollection of this!

A Guy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts