Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will dodge be coming out with a Challenger convertible any time soon? Maybe somebody that works in the plant where they're built may know.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I think the plans for a convertible Challenger have been scraped, basically cause of the weight issue. Anybody who worked there really couldn't say if they are or not anyways without fear of losing their job.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Ralph Gilles discusses the possibility of a Challenger convertible in this video. You can send an email to Ralph Giles via MotoMan expressing your interest in a convertible. The email address is provided in the video.​

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ralph Gilles is awesome. As long as he is heading Dodge/Chrysler I feel good about our future.

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
I have a cherry 71 convertable chally. Its a real women attraction getter. New 2012 would be sweet.
FT

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Wife wants a 'vert for her next car when the daughter gets wife's Honda. I really would like to have 2 Challengers in my driveway.

Jack

·
Registered
653 Posts
Anyone really think it will look that good on such a big car? Here's Mr. Norm's http://www.mrnormsgarage.com/gallery/challenger-convertible.html
Just don't think Chevy did so well on the Camaro convertible. I'm all for it on the First Gen Challys but not so sure about it on modern muscle..... But Dodge will probably prove me wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Ralph Giles is just what Chrysler needs... a true car guy. I would say IF they do a convertible the earliest would be 2013. There is no way they have enough time to get it ready for 2012. Green with Envy looks great.

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Anyone really think it will look that good on such a big car? Here's Mr. Norm's Mr. Norm's Garage | Challenger Convertible
Just don't think Chevy did so well on the Camaro convertible. I'm all for it on the First Gen Challys but not so sure about it on modern muscle..... But Dodge will probably prove me wrong.
Ralph Gilles will not let it happen if the car does not look good he is not going to do it just to do it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
If they ever build the convertible , I'm buyin !!! :smokin:
(where do I send the deposit check?)

Meanwhile - everyone should email Ralph to let him know if you want him to build it : [email protected]

As shown in the video referenced earlier in this thread :

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't but new cars. Even my 09 RT was purchased from the original buyer. But I'd be first in line to spend money on a new convertible. Bring it on!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a cherry 71 convertable chally. Its a real women attraction getter. New 2012 would be sweet.
FT
Convertables and moonroofs is just NOT a muscle car thing no offence but you wouldn't or at least I WOULDN'T wanna drive Vert Chally like a muscle car or track it! Too much to twist and tweak over time. Verts are best left to show and shine cars that aren't driven hardcore like Bmws, Benz, Lamborghini, or classic Impalas, Bel-Air etc just my 2 cents:D

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Convertables and moonroofs is just NOT a muscle car thing no offence but you wouldn't or at least I WOULDN'T wanna drive Vert Chally like a muscle car or track it! Too much to twist and tweak over time. Verts are best left to show and shine cars that aren't driven hardcore like Bmws, Benz, Lamborghini, or classic Impalas, Bel-Air etc just my 2 cents:D
I respectfully disagree... my convertible ACR is a track rat.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts