Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, dash imprints (sunken dash) on the passenger side. Been there for like a year and half and I finally caved to have it replaced. Since i moved, the dodge dealership in my area has been way better priced and much better customer service than the last one so I asked them to replace the dash under warranty and they did! I waited this long because i hate rattles but i wanted it fixed before the car fell out of 3-year warranty and figured that i would just get it over with.

The dealer ran out of loaners so they got me an enterprise rental. A charger SXT, brand new, 3,000 miles. The car rides smooth, quiet cabin and decent go. I cant really compare it to the R/T because the power is so different but i can see how for most it is enough go. The car doesn't feel sluggish and when it gets into the upper RPM's it takes off. I can say though, after having the R/T for 2 years, I do not, for a single second, regret buying the R/T.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Literally every Challenger I've seen has the impression from the front air bag on the passenger side. It's pretty slight when new, but after 12-18 months, even with a sun shade, it will sink again.

I'd love to be wrong and wish you the best of luck. But every one of nearly two dozen Challenger I've seen from '08 to '14 has the air bag impression.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yup. For mine it wasn't really visible until just this past winter season, but it hasn't gone away and I'm well out of warranty. I'm surprisingly not bothered.

Reactions: UP4664

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i debated on not saying something but i figured i would give it a shot and have it fixed. They said tit would be about a 2 day process and i could care less if it takes all of that and then some as long as its done right and there aren't rattles. I will chime in when i get it back!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I've looked, but haven't noticed anything. 4 years now. Guess I'm lucky.

I did get into my car in Feb. when it was really cold and the dash was white! I could see the black water spots very clearly. Didn't take any pics. As the car heated up, the color came back and now that it is warm, back to normal. Weird.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well, the dash was replaced and the challenger plate is dented and it looks like they forgot to put the HVAC extension tubes back on in the driver and passenger footwells. It looks like there is supposed to be some piping coming out from the center console because they are indentations in the beauty panels. Can anyone corroborate?

Oh not to mention, i can already feel a new impression in the dash. I am seriously beginning to think that the panel is made faulty from the factory. They have been making the challenger for years now and they haven't fixed it...

The idiots also didnt tighten the bolts on the center console at all and it was shaking when i got it my car and moving around and they forgot to push down the gear shifter panel....I'm sitting at the dealer ripping panels apart to fix stuff......

Of course, my noisy turning didn't manifest until about a half hour after i got the car back....ugggggg

·
Registered
10,135 Posts
well, the dash was replaced and the challenger plate is dented and it looks like they forgot to put the HVAC extension tubes back on in the driver and passenger footwells. It looks like there is supposed to be some piping coming out from the center console because they are indentations in the beauty panels. Can anyone corroborate?

Oh not to mention, i can already feel a new impression in the dash. I am seriously beginning to think that the panel is made faulty from the factory. They have been making the challenger for years now and they haven't fixed it...

The idiots also didnt tighten the bolts on the center console at all and it was shaking when i got it my car and moving around and they forgot to push down the gear shifter panel....I'm sitting at the dealer ripping panels apart to fix stuff......

Of course, my noisy turning didn't manifest until about a half hour after i got the car back....ugggggg

And that's exactly why I have "accepted" this little quirk/issue with the dash. More headaches than it's worth, just to end up with the same part, and all the problems that you're now dealing with.

Reactions: cmchristo

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I was gonna say, replacing a dash may cause a lot more problems than it solves. I had that done to an E300 Benz with AC problems, and it was a freaking disaster.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car is back at the dealer. I had to bring it in because my CEL went on the other night and i said, **** it. I go down there and find out that the service guy i was working with was fired. The day before he was "on a test drive" aka fired and would make sense why no one got my email of issues. Now the car is sitting there waiting to be repaired. They said that they might have to replace the entire dash again just to replace the emblem....oy vey.

I did get a loaner 2013 Challenger SXT this time and it too has the dimples of doom in the dash. I shouldn't have touched it.

They are again looking at the wheel rubbing and the rubbing noise the steering wheel makes in the car. We'll see how this pans out.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My dash rattles, I don't want to take it in. The dealership is a terrible place, on top of that when I backout from the drive way I hear a whine as I turn I might need to take it in for that. Or do other people just ignore that sound?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Larry Miller Dodge. They have been very well priced and IMO, just as capable as all of these other dealerships. They all have different level techs doing the work but the customer service has been acceptable.

I got my care back and they fixed the steering column rubbing noise which was a grommet issue and they lubed up a linkage in the wheel-well that was causing the other noise. They are ordering a new dash emblem and there aren't extension tubes that come out from the center console for the HVAC.

I figured out possibly why the center console wasn't bolted down and it may have been because of my signal wires running to my amp. They have to be seated in a certain way so the console can sit flush. I gotta take it apart again this weekend and fix that.
it is just nice to have the car back and have it working like it was.

My dash rattles, I don't want to take it in. The dealership is a terrible place, on top of that when I backout from the drive way I hear a whine as I turn I might need to take it in for that. Or do other people just ignore that sound?
Not sure what kind of whine you are having. The steering motor makes a little bit of noise but very minimal and just as loud as a hydraulic setup IMO. If your dash is rattling coming from the factory, you haven't touched it and it is still under warranty, it might make sense to have it taken in and fixed. Dash rattles suck.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Bet you'll regret not leaving well enough alone. Remember, it's still a DODGE not an Audi, it's going to have issues like this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts