Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two years ago, the exterior and interior designers of the 2008 Challenger SRT, Jeff Gale and Alan Nielander, gave a series of fascinating interviews on redletterdodge.com concerning the evolution of the car's design and production. For anyone who did not see them, they are must viewing. Here are the six excellent You Tube clips:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Awesome!

I've been looking for videos / interviews with the designers of this car.

So cool to hear their thoughts and ideas.

Must be amazing to be part of this iconic machine.

·
Super Moderator
13,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We all owe a big debt of gratitude to Michael Castiglione and Alan Barrington, the original designers of the 2006 Challenger Concept, for bringing the 1970 Challenger back to life! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
It's always good to hear the passion for creation, no matter the project. It's extra special when it's a passion of your own. Great post! Thanks! Gonna send these to our VP of Engineering to watch.

·
Super Moderator
13,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For all of you new members, check out the following series of interviews from the designers of the 2006 concept car and 2008 production car. Extremely interesting and revealing!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I wonder if those 2 guys in the first video still work for Chrysler? I've watched all of the Chrysler Media, Dodge, SRT videos from about 2007~ forward and haven't seen either of them again.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I wonder if those 2 guys in the first video still work for Chrysler? I've watched all of the Chrysler Media, Dodge, SRT videos from about 2007~ forward and haven't seen either of them again.
Hey Turbo Brian and Jeff still work at Chrysler here is there current titles
Brian Nielander and Jeff Gale are both Senior Design Managers still working for Chrysler.
Micheal Castiglione and Alan Barrington no longer work for Chrysler Alan is a Designer at Mercedes and Micheal is a Design Manager at Kia.

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you are new to Dodge, like me, these are some great videos of the designers and the things they were thinking about!

·
Super Moderator
13,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A lot of new members have joined Challengertalk in the past two years and may not know how the Challenger was created.

So, I thought that it would be fun to highlight, again, the designer interviews that were made by Dodge about the origination of the 2006 concept car and its translation into the 2008 production car.

I watched them again and really enjoyed them.

Well worth a first or second look. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
13,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since we have a lot of new Challenger owners on the Forum, I thought that it would be informative to provide them with links to the interviews conducted of the 2006 concept car designers and the ones who brought the concept car into production in 2008.

Very cool history.

·
Super Moderator
13,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Designer Videos

There have been a lot of new members to Challengertalk since 2009. For those of you who never saw the original designer videos, I highly recommend that you watch them here. They are very entertaining and informative. It is fascinating to learn the thought process that went into the 2006 Challenger Concept and its evolution into the 2008 Challenger SRT production model.

·
Super Moderator
13,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
*Meanwhile at Charger design and redesign HQ

Actually interviews on the 2015 "remodel" would be nice too
The designers did the interviews because the 2008 Challenger was something entirely new, based on the 2006 concept. Nothing earth shattering about the 2015 model. It was just a refresh based on the 1971 model.

·
Super Moderator
13,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A lot of new members have joined Challengertalk in the past two years and may not know how the Challenger was created.

So, I thought that it would be fun to highlight, again, the designer interviews that were made by Dodge about the origination of the 2006 concept car and its translation into the 2008 production car.

I watched them again and really enjoyed them.

Well worth a first or second look.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Never seen any of these before, thanks to all for posting. I really believe these designers hit one out of the park and as this car was basically designed in 2006 and is still going to be in production in 2020 is a testament to a classic design. I hope they keep it around another 10 years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts