Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first video showing the ‪‎Dodge‬ ‪‎Challenger‬ ‪SRT‬ ‪‎Hellcat‬ racing a new ‪‎Chevrolet‬ ‪‎Corvette‬ ‪Z06‬ has hit the internet - and the results are pretty surprising.

http://youtu.be/7qLYvNjoLR0

·
Registered
493 Posts
Apparently, the Z was unable to get any traction. I believe these two were on their way back from the track where the Z beat the Hellcat. Apparently it laid down a 10.9...

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
fair and square,hellcat kick that vette azz.

·
Registered
911 Posts
There are a few threads in the hellcat forum but the hellcat spins too. You can see black marks laid down behind it in the top of car cam.

·
Registered
162 Posts
They raced a few times and each time the Hellcat pulled away like a bullet train. So it wasn't a "one-time" freak occurrence. I'm just wondering if the 2015 Z06 engine is a bit green or if the ECM just cut back the power due to over heating. I know....I know....looking for excuses. But in the end, a stock Hellcat Challenger beat a 2015 Z06 in a street brawl fair and square. Now that makes me want a HC Challenger even more.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The fact that the Hellcat was anywhere NEAR the performance of the Z06 is quite an achievement considering how the Hellcat is at a complete weight disadvantage.
It wouldn't really matter to me if the Vette' DID beat the Hellcat, because I consider it closer to being an EXOTIC sports car. The Z06 is a great vehicle, but I bet GM guys are shocked to see the Hellcat beat their top dog. Remember, the Hellcat is STILL basically a coupe that seats 4 adults.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Next video coming up: HC vs Z06 on a road course. But you won't see that one posted on CT.

:crying:

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Apparently, the Z was unable to get any traction. I believe these two were on their way back from the track where the Z beat the Hellcat. Apparently it laid down a 10.9...
First thing I noticed was the C7 wagging it's tail on the start of the second race from the exterior view. This was not about traction though. The Hellcat pulled on the Z06 the entire time, slowly increasing it's lead all the way to the end which I'm sure was over 130 MPH. So it's going to get beat on the dragstrip too. Pretty surprising to see the Z06 get beat though because they have 650 HP and only way 3500 lb. On paper, to beat a Z06, the Hellcat would have to have 835 HP.

Maybe the Z06 was missing a wheel on the back right? ;)

Mike

·
Registered
304 Posts
So Car and Driver did some testing, and here are their results between the new Z06 and the Hellcat

Look at 60-140mph - Takes Z06 11.5 secs vs 11.0 Hellcat
150mph takes another 3.3 seconds for Z vs 2.2 sec for HC
160mph - gets bad here - takes another 5.1 seconds for Z vs 3.9 for HC.

A 60-160mph roll would take the Z06 19.9 Seconds vs 17.3 Seconds in the Hellcat - that's a 2.6 sec difference

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
So Car and Driver did some testing, and here are their results between the new Z06 and the Hellcat

Look at 60-140mph - Takes Z06 11.5 secs vs 11.0 Hellcat
150mph takes another 3.3 seconds for Z vs 2.2 sec for HC
160mph - gets bad here - takes another 5.1 seconds for Z vs 3.9 for HC.

A 60-160mph roll would take the Z06 19.9 Seconds vs 17.3 Seconds in the Hellcat - that's a 2.6 sec difference
That's interesting. There's a disparity somewhere in the numbers. Either the Z06 is way overrated on HP... or the Hellcat is way underrated!

Mike

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I have always hated the Corvette. They are GM's attempt to merge a muscle car with a European exotic. The Viper will always be the superior car between the two.

No one should be surprised, Corvettes have been getting whipped regularly since the 80's by much cheaper vehicles.

Everyone knows the Corvette is really just a poor mans Ferrari...and a poorly done one at that.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have always hated the Corvette. They are GM's attempt to merge a muscle car with a European exotic. The Viper will always be the superior car between the two.

No one should be surprised, Corvettes have been getting whipped regularly since the 80's by much cheaper vehicles.

Everyone knows the Corvette is really just a poor mans Ferrari...and a poorly done one at that.
poor mans Ferrari? now youre just talking retarded....

·
Registered
142 Posts
That's interesting. There's a disparity somewhere in the numbers. Either the Z06 is way overrated on HP... or the Hellcat is way underrated!

Mike
I came up with the same thing in another thread when the hellcat was being compared to a new nismo GTR. Basically the Hellcat hits 0-170mph in 25 seconds but takes nearly a full second longer to hit 60mph compared to the z06. That means the time from 60-170mph for a hellcat is 21 seconds. The time for a z06 to hit 0-170 was close to 29 seconds. However the zo6 hit's 60 in 3.0 vs the hellcats test of 3.9. This means the zo6 takes 26 second to go from 60-170 which is longer than it takes the hellcat to go from 0-170. Needless to say there is something very iffy with the top end performance on the zo6. It seems to hit a wall at 120mph. I don't know if that's by design but they just dynoed a zo6 at 585 whp. It makes the power but something affects it's top end. Gearing? ECU pulling timing to protect engine? I don't know but one thing is for sure, the hellcat is really a highway monster for a factory car.

·
Registered
493 Posts
First thing I noticed was the C7 wagging it's tail on the start of the second race from the exterior view. This was not about traction though. The Hellcat pulled on the Z06 the entire time, slowly increasing it's lead all the way to the end which I'm sure was over 130 MPH. So it's going to get beat on the dragstrip too. Pretty surprising to see the Z06 get beat though because they have 650 HP and only way 3500 lb. On paper, to beat a Z06, the Hellcat would have to have 835 HP.

Maybe the Z06 was missing a wheel on the back right? ;)

Mike
The Z06 took the Hellcat at the track.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts