Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time figuring out what type of exhaust I want to put on my chally. I was wondering if you guys can give me some input. Meaning what are the differences in sound, horsepower(if any), and overall performance. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
330 Posts
There are a lot of different systems out there, I have had my car for about 5 months and am on the third exhaust. Stock was too quiet, wife even said that and she hates loud. Put a magna-flow street series on, was better, but still not what I was looking for. Removed the rear resonators and put 2 1/2 pipe in place, now it sounds like it should. Slight rumble when you start and idle, even moderate acceleration isn't bad, but when you stand on it.... It sounds like pure muscle, better than the growl of a mustang IMO,. and I always liked that sound, until now... A buddy had the dealer install his exhaust, and said same thing, sounds okay, but not great. I did the same thing to his and he said it's like a new car, really changed the driving experiance for him.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I went with Flowmaster American Thunder 2.5 in cat back x-pipe with super 40 mufflers, no resos. Sounds like pure bad azzzzz.....love it.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
You guys have MDS? Heard alot of bad things with some exausts With MDS and wanted to know if you had it.
Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
You guys have MDS? Heard alot of bad things with some exausts With MDS and wanted to know if you had it.
Thanks
I have the six speed. Some guys say that with the MDS you notice a flutter when the cylinders deactivate but I have never read anyone really complaining about it on the forum.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I'm having a hard time figuring out what type of exhaust I want to put on my chally. I was wondering if you guys can give me some input. Meaning what are the differences in sound, horsepower(if any), and overall performance. Thanks in advance.
Here's what I put on my 09 R/T Auto.Disabled the MDS using the Predator tuner.If you drive using the 'Autostick' the MDS will not activate so a Predator is not neccesary.

Use headphones for an accurate listening experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts