Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There isn't a week that goes by that I don't get complements on the Challenger whether its in a parking lot or a thumbs up as I'm driving. Just this morning at the car wash a guy in a turbocharged Cobalt told me he'd rather have a Challenger than a Camaro. ("And I'm a Chevy guy." he said.) On a trip to SC over Thanksgiving I would move over to the right lane to let faster traffic pass and would wait and wait until they would finally pass. It took me awhile to figure out that they were slowing down to look at the car. I thought this would taper off after awhile but its been over a year since I got it and still no sign of it ending.
Is this still happening to anyone else?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Still get it all the time, atleast once a day.. makes you feel good about yourself though.

I do hate the following question though "Is that a camaro??"

NO YOU IDIOT!!!

I also get "Charger right?" all the time, but atleast they have the right make there...

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Yep, get comments/thumbs up all the time.

My favorite is when I'm in a restaurant or some other business and people are looking at the car through the window and making comments, not knowing the owner is right there. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I still feel strange having people stare all the time.

Friday I parked at the bank and when I came out the guy parked next to me asked if I wanted to trade cars for the weekend. :rofl: Then he said it must feel pretty sexy to be driving it. :yesnod:

Try driving around with a car identical to yours. I've been many places with the twin of mine and someone will look as I go by then see his, and you see him twist his head back around to see if he was seeing double or not.:banana:
A charger came up beside me and the passenger rolled down all the way to star at it, in the middle of the winter. Of course may be might have also been because mine was the only clean car on the road.:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
My middle daughter (8 years old) commented, "you know, dad, having a Challenger is a lot like having a cute dog and going for a walk. Everybody stops you to tell you how nice looking your car is." All three daughters (11, 8, 5) want Challengers in Blue, Fuschia and Purple. I am in soooo much trouble!

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
My middle daughter (8 years old) commented, "you know, dad, having a Challenger is a lot like having a cute dog and going for a walk. Everybody stops you to tell you how nice looking your car is." All three daughters (11, 8, 5) want Challengers in Blue, Fuschia and Purple. I am in soooo much trouble!
That reminds me of what my grandson said last year the first time he got to ride in mine. He was 6 and said "Grandma you know why I love your car? Because it's different than the other one." I asked him what other one, expecting a sarcastic remark like "Duh, your other black car?" but he totally surprised me by saying "all of them. It's different that all the other cars."

I thought, WOW, how observant 6-year-olds are. And right.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got into an accident in my chally ( after 9K worth of damage that HE paid for..shes back to normal by the way) and the first thing the cop said to me was, "...Who's in the mustang?"

...sigh.

if someone running a red light and creaming my brand new challenger didnt piss me off enough, that sure did. being 17 made it worse too

·
Registered
94 Posts
dropped my daughter off at dance last friday and one of the moms approached me and said " your car looks and sounds AWESOME!" i would have never ever expected that from a late 30-early 40's mom!

·
Registered
846 Posts
dropped my daughter off at dance last friday and one of the moms approached me and said " your car looks and sounds AWESOME!" i would have never ever expected that from a late 30-early 40's mom!
You shouldnt...our cars are the most retro of the 3...and the late 30's and early 40's moms were raised with the muscle cars in their childhood...so they have that connection to them...and muscles were the 'ish in their day, and except for a slim part of the population, everyone loved a muscle car...so when I hear from women in that age range, it doesnt surprise me,it makes absolute sense... :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well I have titanium Challenger and drive with my DRL on (I am in Canada) and my fogs on all the time. I do get turned heads and pointed fingers every time I drive. It is amazing styling. I think I need graphics though. I do find it a bit plain.. like it needs some stripes but not sure what I am going to do yet. (I have a vinyl cutter).

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
nearly two years with our SE and we still get regular positive comments.
Much of the rock star status has worn off though

·
Registered
299 Posts
I get a lot of folks who compliment me on how well it's restored and ask what year it is and then say that they didn't know they started making them again. Also lots of beeps and thumbs up from passer bys.

·
Registered
389 Posts
All the time - just yesterday, a guy followed me into a McDonald's parking lot. When I got out he commented how nice the car is. Today, on the way home, a police car passed me head on, he did the "thumbs up" thing as he went by (he was driving a police Charger). People in my neighborhood come by every weekend while I'm washing it to get a look and compliment the car. Dodge really hooked this thing up right.

·
Registered
319 Posts
It can be annoying when you are trying to change lanes and someone is pacing you because they are checking out the car.

At least I am different... (work parking lot)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I have had many compliments on the Challenger! But the other day, I took the Challenger out when the family and I went out for my fathers birthday dinner. When I came out after dinner, someone spat on the passenger side window. Some people just can't stand other people having nice things!

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I have had many compliments on the Challenger! But the other day, I took the Challenger out when the family and I went out for my fathers birthday dinner. When I came out after dinner, someone spat on the passenger side window. Some people just can't stand other people having nice things!
That sucks. I think the Challenger has the same "In your face" attitude about it as the Hummer. Many tree hugging green people despise the Challenger. They don't understand that the Challenger gets no worse gas mileage than the soccer mom's SUV.

I had a BMW M5 before the Challenger. My first night out - someone through a hamburger on it.

·
Registered
448 Posts

Same thing happened to me at NAIT. Someone decided to spit up their breakfast on my then new Dodge Avenger. Welcome to Alberta I suppose.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts