Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2014 Challenger RT, yesterday I saw a Challenger and his fog lights were deep blue, looked nice. I have 2 questions:
1) anyone know where I can get colored fog lights like that?
2) what is the bulb type that fits in the fog light?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
He probably added an HID kit or some aftermarket bulbs. Unless they changed from 2012, your bulb should be a PSX24W.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was was not HID for sure, those have a distinct look, it looked like the external lens was blue, not the bulb. I liked the blue, but I'd settle for anything different. What I have in there now is stock, and is a small incandescent bulb! It's not even halogen!!
In open to suggestions ?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,055 Posts
It might be a static cling type of film tinting it.

·
Registered
779 Posts
To be on the safe side, might want to check the local and state laws on that. A lot of areas do not allow red and blue lights on anything other than a police or emergency vehicle. You might be inviting unwanted attention down the line.

Reactions: texcowboy

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh it's not legal... But in ever drink n drive so I don't care. Anyone know where I can get a film to add on? And what type of bulb to replace the incandescent bulb that's there now?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I've read those type LED conversions don't really work well, they are for appearance ONLY. I think all the lights should match, I'd like to find some fog lights that actually work and match the factory HID's instead of looking yellow in comparison.

Reactions: mr_udy

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's noway they will match, these are blue. They are supposed to be very bright. What do you mean by don't work well ?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
What do you mean by don't work well ?
I mean they won't light up the road as well as the crappy stock bulbs, they are for appearance only...they look pretty!!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh I can imagine, they are after all blue...that's not going to light up things much.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Plug and play. If you google around, there are you tube descriptions on how to change the fog lites. Just have to know how to "pinch" that connector. Be sure and NOTE which way the little notches faced - up or down - you will see these on your new bulbs. There is like one notch on one side and two on the other ?
Be sure to plug the connector back like it was, first time I plugged it backwards, and this makes them blink....you don't want blinking blue lights (blue is illegal, but, no one has messed with me so far - I had them on my Harley for years, no issues - but you don't want them blinking)...AND, if you drink and drive or any "other illegal activities" probably not a good idea to have blue lites on...blinking or not. Fortunately you can turn these "only" off or on at will....at least on my car.
they are tricky to get to. (2014 RT), the drivers side, un did the 3 - 4 pop out fasteners, had to turn wheel all way to left, then use cell phone to "video up in there"....you wont be able to see what you are doing. Drivers side is hardest, took me 20-25 minutes. Then turn the wheel to the right for passengers side, that one took me 10 minutes. Passengers side is a little easier, plus I had experience by then.
I have pics and video on my phone, but, they just don't do it justice....they look far better in real life.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Pair%20Ultra%20Blue%20H16%2068-SMD%20LED%20Headlight%20Bulbs%20For%20Driving%20Fog%20Light%20%2F%20Day%20Time%20Running%20Light%20DRL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Plug and play. However, I did have to change out the o-ring on the light bulb, the one included on the bulb is just a hair to big to fit in the original fog light housing. I took them to the local hardware store and purchased 2 smaller o-rings that worked perfectly.

Here are a few pics. Also added halo lights and a red light and siren. I am an assistant chief on a fire department.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1402691800.727119.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1402691816.191137.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1402691828.204910.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1402691838.919136.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ah yes, I forgot, the rubber oring which came with my blue lites was actually a little smaller than the stock bulbs oring. they suggested I reuse my oring from the stock bulb...easy swap out.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
they are tricky to get to. (2014 RT), the drivers side, un did the 3 - 4 pop out fasteners, had to turn wheel all way to left, then use cell phone to "video up in there"....you wont be able to see what you are doing. Drivers side is hardest, took me 20-25 minutes. Then turn the wheel to the right for passengers side, that one took me 10 minutes. Passengers side is a little easier, plus I had experience by then.
Take a few more min. to remove about 10 little screws and 3 pop outs and you can remove the whole front cover, then you can get 2 hands in there, much easier.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts