Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just passing this article along to the forum...
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2018/03/dodge-challenger-gets-new-heritage-inspired-options.html?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Hellcat.org_new-content-unsold&utm_source=Hellcat.org20180309

The Dodge Challenger has added a new Shakedown Package to its lineup.

Now available on the Challenger R/T Shaker, R/T Plus Shaker, and 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker, the Shakedown Package adds a new Alpine audio system, white-face gauges on the instrument cluster, and unique asymmetrical black racing exterior stripes. The features of the package are inspired by the 1971 Dodge Shakedown Challenger Concept, first shown at the 2016 SEMA Show.

In addition, the iconic B5 Blue and Plum Crazy exterior paint colors are now available on all Charger models and Challenger T/A, T/A Plus, and T/A 392 models. The two paint shades will be added to all other Challenger models at a later date.

The Shakedown Package will cost $995 and includes six premium speakers and a 275-watt amplifier in the R/T Shaker model. The R/T Shaker Plus and 392 HEMI Scat Pack Shaker get nine premium speakers and a 506-watt amplifier.

“Dodge//SRT has a rich history of using iconic heritage and high-impact colors and unique graphics to make our vehicles look custom, straight from the factory,” said Steve Beahm, head of Passenger Car Brands, Dodge//SRT, Chrysler and Fiat – FCA North America. “Whether a customer remembers B5 and Plum Crazy from when they were new in the ‘60s and ‘70s or they’re a new customer today, these paint colors and unique Shaker stripes stand out in the crowd and speak to our customers’ passion for their cars and their love of the Dodge and SRT brands.”

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I dunno, that "Shakedown Package" looks like a bad paving job lol!!!!!

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will add that RS indicated on a Hellcat forum that any drag Pack option for the Hellcat would be more than a mere +15hp. So I'm wondering if the 725hp for the HC DP is wrong. He said he's been laughing at some of the Internet articles floating around out there.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Challengers are stale AF. Look at the last 3 years, they are stuck and the only thing exciting, are 70K and 80K cars, nothing on the lower end. 5.7 has been stuck at 375HP since 2009, while the 5.0 went from 412 - 420 - 435 - 460 and 475 with the Bullitt. Jeez, a little 5.0 has almost as much as the 392, pretty lame shit. '18 5.0s with the drag pack are killing 392s. I see nothing that will blow my mind. Demon was bad-ass, but no one has come close to 140MPH. The Hellcat sales have fallen hard and yet, nothing tells me that sales will recover. Dodge, could you pay attention to something other than 70 - 80K cars and make your cars handle and brake better. Maybe you could sell a few more if the interior on an 90K Demon was not the same as my 40K 5.7 R/T. I guess Jeep and Ram are getting all the money. I would love to see powertrain, suspension and braking upgrades, along with better interiors.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I tend to agree, more stripe packages...meh.

Am tired of endless Demon and Hellcat promotion, unobtanium stuff to me. Just do not care about either.

Would be happy just to get a white interior option for the scat and decent looking wheels. The only wheels I like are the 5 spoke set that come on base RT's.

Would like to see FF come back in 19. Was an odd color to most but it pops with the right accents.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
1,924 Posts
Challengers are stale AF. Look at the last 3 years, they are stuck and the only thing exciting, are 70K and 80K cars, nothing on the lower end. 5.7 has been stuck at 375HP since 2009, while the 5.0 went from 412 - 420 - 435 - 460 and 475 with the Bullitt. Jeez, a little 5.0 has almost as much as the 392, pretty lame shit. '18 5.0s with the drag pack are killing 392s. I see nothing that will blow my mind. Demon was bad-ass, but no one has come close to 140MPH. The Hellcat sales have fallen hard and yet, nothing tells me that sales will recover. Dodge, could you pay attention to something other than 70 - 80K cars and make your cars handle and brake better. Maybe you could sell a few more if the interior on an 90K Demon was not the same as my 40K 5.7 R/T. I guess Jeep and Ram are getting all the money. I would love to see powertrain, suspension and braking upgrades, along with better interiors.

Kind of said this in another thread. For the most part they are peddling the same cars from 10-12 years ago. I love my challenger. But as a business owner I don't see how its a smart move to keep the same thing year in year out and expect to get new customers.

Realistically why would somebody with a 2011 buy a 2015, same cars. Just poor marketing all around. No reason to blow it up on a good design, but adding sticker and wheel packages does little to bring in new buyers, or get old buyers to want to get new.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
But they are still selling a lot of these, and are still the best looking retro on the road. If ya want a 5.0 mustang, go buy one. Your talking apples to oranges. I for one feel if it works keep at it. Ford messed up the mustang imo, chevy did the same. More money, less car imo. Long live this version on the challenger.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
But they are still selling a lot of these, and are still the best looking retro on the road. If ya want a 5.0 mustang, go buy one. Your talking apples to oranges. I for one feel if it works keep at it. Ford messed up the mustang imo, chevy did the same. More money, less car imo. Long live this version on the challenger.

Oh Yeah!!!:guiness::guiness:

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
This hunt for B5 Blue for the SPS never ends!
B5 Shakers are not the most common sight.

Its a trend I noticed at many shows - for some reason buyers aren't around in larger number for that combo, and I don't understand why not.

The graphics + B5 blue make a nice combo on a Shaker.

Reactions: silver scat

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
B5 Shakers are not the most common sight.

Its a trend I noticed at many shows - for some reason buyers aren't around in larger number for that combo, and I don't understand why not.

The graphics + B5 blue make a nice combo on a Shaker.
Love mine

·
Registered
867 Posts
The Dodge Boys would be a LOT better off offering some different INTERIOR colors! And I'm talking like white, red, blue, brown, actual molded parts like door panels & dash pads. (obviously not a white dash pad however). How many would order Plum Crazy with a white interior? Black or white exterior with a red or blue interior? Now THAT would be something to inspire some truly NEW sales & attract customers that have been on the fence! When looking for new ideas, sometimes you have to look to the past. The whole damn reason the Challengers have been successful in the first place!

Can you imagine if Ford started building a true retro 65-66 Mustang again? Holy crap, open the floodgates!

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
The Dodge Boys would be a LOT better off offering some different INTERIOR colors! And I'm talking like white, red, blue, brown, actual molded parts like door panels & dash pads. (obviously not a white dash pad however). How many would order Plum Crazy with a white interior? Black or white exterior with a red or blue interior? Now THAT would be something to inspire some truly NEW sales & attract customers that have been on the fence! When looking for new ideas, sometimes you have to look to the past. The whole damn reason the Challengers have been successful in the first place!

Can you imagine if Ford started building a true retro 65-66 Mustang again? Holy crap, open the floodgates!
Ford tried and had it down, then dropped the ball.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Ford tried and had it down, then dropped the ball.

Their failure. The outcome would be totally predictable. Chevy had the chance with the 'new' Camaro too - rumors were the car was going to be a faithful offshoot of the '69 Camaro like Dodge did with the Challenger, but they blew it 100% by trying to take a legend & make it 'better.' That never works - NEVER. If Chevy had pulled it off, hell I probably would own one today as well as my Challenger. When something is at it's pinnacle from a styling point, you can tweak it a little, but you can't outdo the original. Chevy stylists & the whole GM culture is too stupid to understand this.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

I'm with you on the colored interiors. I have Red Leather in a Black car, but there are so many other possibilities. Can you imagine Orange interior on a White car? Or some cool Emerald Green in a Sublime car. Maybe rich Navy Blue on the B5 Blue or even on Silver. Great opportunity for personalized touches and make some $$$ too.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

Ford did mess up the design agreed there, Camaro is pretty hott. With that said I disagree with the less car more money. The cars are actually bigger or the same sized they have been short of being lighter. But being a pure sports car and performance they actually give you more than they did and more than what challenger does in their base models.

As for the colored interiors. The few times companies have flirted with it, it never went well. As cool as it might look and some of the older fellers might like the white seats, I really don't see it being a big seller as an aggregate. I think dodge and other companies would do well to maybe offer black seats with colored inserts and more inspired designs instead of plain black. The brown/tan in the hellcats actually looked kind of ugly and I don't think was a big seller either.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Ford did mess up the design agreed there, Camaro is pretty hott. With that said I disagree with the less car more money. The cars are actually bigger or the same sized they have been short of being lighter. But being a pure sports car and performance they actually give you more than they did and more than what challenger does in their base models.

As for the colored interiors. The few times companies have flirted with it, it never went well. As cool as it might look and some of the older fellers might like the white seats, I really don't see it being a big seller as an aggregate. I think dodge and other companies would do well to maybe offer black seats with colored inserts and more inspired designs instead of plain black. The brown/tan in the hellcats actually looked kind of ugly and I don't think was a big seller either.
My black leather shaker seats have burnt orange stitching, looks very nice

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
My black leather shaker seats have burnt orange stitching, looks very nice

Agreed, the off set of colors looks great. Just don't think solids or close to solids of colors other than black and grey would ultimately sell well.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Agreed, the off set of colors looks great. Just don't think solids or close to solids of colors other than black and grey would ultimately sell well.
I have seen red and black, looks ok but not that much of a fan either. But the purple with white would be bad ass. Full on retro

1 - 20 of 82 Posts