Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a TomTom GPS yesterday and after checking the internet it seems possible to make a car icon of the Challenger and install it to the GPS unit. Has anyone else tried this and made it work?
A forum search turned up an icon that looks like an SRT8's striping photographed from above, what I'm looking for is an actual rear end view of the car , like the custom car icons the TomTom comes with.
If anyone else has done this , could you please post the .BMP file.
If I don't hear from anybody in the next few days , I'll try and make an icon.
If it works I'll post it for people to use.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have looked for a Challenger icon for my Garmin, Would be awesome if it was a PCP for my car. But no luck to date. :(

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I have one on my Tom Tom which I downloaded free from Tom Tom home website.

Jack

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jack09. I haven't actually made an account for TomTom home yet as I've only had the GPS two days. I'll look there first.
Could make things easier as I was trying to create an icon yesterday and for reasons unknown I can't get Microsoft Paint to resize it properly to 80 X 80 pixels. Damn program keeps ignoring the car in the centre of the picture and cuts out an 80 X 80 portion of the upper left corner of picture instead.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bad news I'm afraid. I couldn't solve the resizing problem in Microsoft Paint and when I tried downloading the icon from TomTom , found out my VIA 1535 doesn't yet support downloading of icons or voices. :disgust:
Just have to wait until it does. :(

·
Registered
276 Posts
Found this on *********************

http://ftp.shawgnutz.com/Challenger.srf
Savoy,

The link shows pictures of a H.O. Challenger, but you signature says Stone white, Did you make this to match the other car? Or was it that color as you found it?
If you did change it care to shead some light as to how that was done?

I would love to turn it Purple to match my car :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge 1320
99 Posts
I believe it says Found which means i Found it and did not make or modify it. There is software that can be purchased that will allow you to edit and save the file, it's in a special format.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts