Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm confused, I know we have had alot of talks about if the Challenger block letters were suppose to be in the grill and I sware I read on here that 11s weren't going to have them so we wouldn't have to decide if they were missing, stollen, or left off on purpose. I was at the dealership the other day and all the 11s I saw had the CHALLENGER block leters in the grill. Does anyone know the real scoop on this?
Thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
I can say for certain that my 2011 R/T Classic does NOT have the block letters on the grille, but vfxR/T's 2011 non-Classic R/T DOES.

·
Registered
460 Posts
My 2010 RT Classic did come from the factory with the block letters on the grill. I've pulled them off since then in favor of the retro script.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I,m the one that started that thread.My 2010 RT Classic DID NOT come with it.I told the dealer and they sent me one to my door.I have decided not to install it cause it seems like the Classics were suppose to not have them but probably some do cause of an error at assembly.:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
This is how the Classic grill emblems should have come from the factory!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
This is how the "R/T Classic" emblems should have come from the factory!

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
My new 11 Classic does not have the emblem. There were two other 11 Classics on the lot. One had it the other didn't. Knowing Dodge who knows? I do know mine had the interior package with the " premium " floor mats installed that came from the 2010 model and didn't fit.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I saw a white SE in my town where the owner put the stock CHALLENGER dead center in the grill

·
Registered
891 Posts
SE/SXT - Challenger in grill.

R/T - Challenger plus R/T in grille

R/T Classic - R/T emblem only

SRT - Challenger plus SRT in grille.

That's what the 2011 brochure shows, assume it would be the same for previous years(?)

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is how the "R/T Classic" emblems should have come from the factory!
I am going to add the Challenger script to my Classic grille but will add to the other side instead. Will be matching the location of all others from factory including the SRT8.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

That's what the 2011 brochure shows, assume it would be the same for previous years(?)
Wrong, my 2010 R/T Classic came with both badges in the grill.

·
Registered
34 Posts
there does not seem to be a "right" or a "wrong" to this topic.

my FF Classic did NOT come with script in the grill.........but my friends black one did.
since Classics have it on the fenders, why would there be one in the grill 3 feet away? is my logic to it.
but my friends Classic has it (three scripts in a patch) and BLACK STRIPES (on a black car???????) what moron thought that up?

there is no standard application rule that i have seen.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Crow is correct...here's a pic of my R/T Classic just a couple of days after I got it. You can clearly see the block letter badge over on the right side:

The R/T Classic was not supposed to come with the grill badge, but most did up until the summer of 2010.

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I don't want to start that fight again but alot of 2010 RTclassics (includeing mine and all of the ones sent to the dealership I go to) had the Challenger and RT on the grill.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I don't want to start that fight again but alot of 2010 RTclassics (includeing mine and all of the ones sent to the dealership I go to) had the Challenger and RT on the grill.
His list was specific to the 2011 Challengers, not the 2010s.

My 2011 R/T Classic does NOT have the Challenger block lettering on the grille and as far as I'm aware it is not supposed to. Any 2011 R/T Classics that have the block lettering are either a mistake or the dealer added it for reasons best known to themselves.

Cycle through the individual trim levels here;
Dodge Challenger | Muscle Car, Performance Car, Sedan, 2011 | Dodge

Nakita7's list appears to match the website (and evidently matches the brochure).

Whether your 2010 R/T Classic has the block lettering or not is apparently a matter of when it was manufactured.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Easy there! Nothing wrong with a Black R/T Classic with Black stripes! I like it! Plus, at least it is still true to an original option. 1971 Challenger R/T - black with black stripes. The grill said "Dodge" however, neither Challenger nor R/T.

I happen to have the Challenger script in the grill on mine. I don't mind it, but also think it would look cleaner to just have the R/T....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kyoseky, The last sentance he said was he assumed it was the same in previous years. That's why I said that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts