Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new R/T Classic last year.When I got it home I realized that the Challenger script was missin from the grill.The R/T script was there but not the Challengger one.So I called the dealer and they sent me one in the mail ASAP.So I went down to a closer dealer (not the one I bought from)to make a sketch on paper where to exactly to put the script.Every Classic did not have the Challenger script in the grill.I have been real busy(that,s why I haven,t been on this wonderful site much)so I haven,t had time to check out other cars.My question is,do the R/T Classics have the Challenger script in the grill?I know the other models do but what about the R/T Classic.Mine is a 2010 HO w/white stripes and 6 speed STT.Thanks alot.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine didn't come with that either. Wondering if some were adding on their own.

2010 FF R/T Classic

·
Registered
142 Posts
Some did come with it and some did not, I have a 2009 BB Classic, and I prefer it without the challenger on the grill, it looks like the grill has the tabs for it, but was just never installed...I know some people on here have bought the same script that's on the fenders and attached it to the grill with 3M

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Mine is a 10 DWBP Classic and it had a block Challenger in the grill. I heard the 11s weren't going to have them but every RT &SRT Classic I saw at the dealership I got my car from had the word Challenger in block letters in the grill and mine was a dealer trade from Texas and it had it.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Mine is a 10 Det Yello and the Challenger emblem block, not script. I am not aware of any Classics (or any other ones) that had the script.

Mike

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My mistake.I am missin the Challenger block word not the script that is on the Classics.:notallthere:It is weird that some have it and some don,t.The FF were out when I checked the other dealers Classics that didn,t have it either and they were all FF.I just guess I,ll have to make up my mind if I want it on or not.Thanks for your comments and please chime in with what you all have noticed.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I went on ebay and found a script challenger emblem for about $25. came from a 1970. put it right next to the RT in my grille.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Yes this came up late last summer. A look at the FIRST brochures from 08 before the "Spring Classics" were built shows NO grill emblems other than R/T or SRT. But seems all the classics built till the DY ( my PCP, first HOs) had the Block Challenger in the grill also, but believe that was a mistake and they seemed to have corrected it by the time the second HOs and then the FFs were built. Most of us that got it, removed it and many that didn't got the dealer to get it no biggee.:guiness:

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
All the 2010 Rt and SRTs sold at the dealership in Bossier City La. had the block Challenger in the grill. When I ask my salesman about it last fall he said he never had seen a challenger without it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Remember though that were talkin just about the R/T Classics,not the SE,plain R/T or the SRT8.s.I orderd mine in May of last year and picked it up on the last day of June

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I didn't get mine until Sep but it was made in Jan. The RT and SRT classics that were comming off the truck in Ser still had the block Challenger on the grill.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
I removed my block emblem from the grill and installed a Script Challenger emblem next to the R/T. I got it from Jack's Auto Parts in NJ. His PH#732-505-2140 The part # is EM-92
This is a METAL Chrome-Plated emblem with three studs that can be bent around the backside of the grill. You might have to use your pinky finger to fit through the holes.
This is a quality emblem that is MUCH nicer than the peel and stick mopar one.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a 2011 R/T Classic with nothing but R/T on the grill. For 2011 the other models have the block Challenger.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the block style Challenger lettering but am looking to swap it out with the old style script Challenger, will check out Jacks auto parts. I did find a place that makes a retainer that pushes onto the pins to secure them and tried ordering an old style grill emblem and a dash pad emblem but when I placed the order they had not started production on them yet, will give Jacks a shot.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It appears around the time my car was built(June 2010) that they must have quit puttin the Challenger block word in the grill,and they must have carried that pratice over into 2011 as well.Mind you just like z01tfw stated it must just be the Classics cause all of the others always had and still have the Challenger block emblem.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts