Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The grill trim rings on the Challenger R/T Plus Shaker are black. I like the chrome. Do you have to replace the whole grill or just the rings? Or is it just safer to replace the whole grill as there is a higher chance of breakage getting the ring removed?

·
Registered
352 Posts
You can just replace the black grille rings with the silver ones. Steve White carries them in our vendor forum. It might be easier to take the whole front bumper cover off to replace them though. It's evidently not that hard to do...just lots of rivets and stuff to remove and then replace when you're done.

See this thread for more info on that...

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,937 Posts
The grill trim rings on the Challenger R/T Plus Shaker are black. I like the chrome. Do you have to replace the whole grill or just the rings? Or is it just safer to replace the whole grill as there is a higher chance of breakage getting the ring removed?
Yeah, you don't want to replace the whole grill, I know lol. Removing the front fascia is actually the best way, you could remove the existing rings but you will destroy them in the process and risk damaging the grill itself. I actually have 2 (almost) brand new chrome trim rings if you are interested. I will sell em to yah cheaper than anyone else! -Steve

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
'That looks great! Did you have to remove the front fascia to install?
Took it to a FCA approved body shop that has experience with Dodge Challengers. Yes, the front nose had to be removed, two man job to take off and put back on.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Took it to a FCA approved body shop that has experience with Dodge Challengers. Yes, the front nose had to be removed, two man job to take off and put back on.

Thanks! I like that look a lot. I love the Blacktop package I have on my R/T but it's just a little severe in the front I think. Those trim rings would look great I think.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Remove the lower grille (8) screws I believe and and reach up through the opening to release the tabs holding the rings to the grille. I did mine in about 30 min.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Standard on the 2018 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker from the factory. Transferred from the original grille to the new one.
Also comes on 2018 Scat Pack, no Shaker, too.

Grass must always be greener. Those with the silver want the black (like me), and those with the black want the silver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts