Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have trouble with uconnect? I can connect my phone using bluetooth to play music & take calls... But other than that nothing...

Do you need to have a subscription to get more options? Or update the system? Or am i doing something wrong?

I do have uconnect on my phone but says no subscription found. I also have andriod auto which starts on my phone but not the car...

·
Registered
20 Posts
My understanding is that you have to use a usb connection. Have you tried connecting the phone in via the usb port in the arm rest storage?

I just found this post as I was searching the forum for a different uconnect question. I was trying to get the uconnect phone app setup.

Apparently you have to register and create an account for full functionality.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
672 Posts
Anyone have trouble with uconnect? I can connect my phone using bluetooth to play music & take calls... But other than that nothing...

Do you need to have a subscription to get more options? Or update the system? Or am i doing something wrong?

I do have uconnect on my phone but says no subscription found. I also have andriod auto which starts on my phone but not the car...
Just talked with my daughter and she did indicate it has to be connected through a USB cable to display to the screen.

Additionally......create an account here

And sign in. I think it will have tutorials based on your specific car and features.

Last but not least....there’s always the Uconnect help number... 877-855-8400

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Just to be clear, the whole "Uconnect" app and AndroidAuto are completely separate things and completely un-related. You don't need to use the Uconnect app at all if you don't want to.

There is no way to "mirror" your phone screen to the head-unit screen. AndroidAuto will allow certain apps to display an interface on the cars head-unit, but it's not just mirroring the screen. For example, Waze and Google Maps are "AndroidAuto-compatible" apps. What you get on the car screen won't look the same as what you see on your phone - it will be a "dumbed down" interface of the app - and only certain apps can even do this.

So yes, you definitely need to connect your phone to the USB port in the car (I thought that was assumed). There is no "wireless" AndroidAuto or or CarPlay support here.

OP - if you still have further questions, please post them and we'll try to help you out. I use AndroidAuto quite frequently in my 2018 GT w/8.4" screen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts