Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first post here. I’m looking at challengers, as I’ve loved them since grade school. The thing is, I need AWD where I live. So, I’m stuck with a GT. What should I do to make it faster? Anything goes, such as an engine swap (if possible) or turbos. Not super chargers though, because I’m a cheapskate on fuel economy. Any and all ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
114 Posts
I do not believe you can turbo the 3.6 and engine swapping is pretty much out of the question, most people tend to go with an RIPP supercharger kit, but that will set you back 6+ grand, but you can make upwards of 450+ hp.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
432 Posts
Not trying to be a smart ass, but a rwd car on winter tires is better than an AWD car on all seasons. If you're pushing 450+ out of a GT I don't see the drivetrain living very long, that's the max torque rating of the 8HP45. That leaves you with be happy with the 315hp the GT provides, or sacrifice AWD for a hemi. The only other options that offer both are not challengers, and are AWD 5.7 Chargers, or any of the hemi SUV/trucks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello all, first post here. I’m looking at challengers, as I’ve loved them since grade school. The thing is, I need AWD where I live. So, I’m stuck with a GT. What should I do to make it faster? Anything goes, such as an engine swap (if possible) or turbos. Not super chargers though, because I’m a cheapskate on fuel economy. Any and all ideas are welcome.
i have a ripp supercharged AWD challenger with 453 to the wheels my mpg has changed much i average about 19 miles a gallon city like 27 highway

·
Registered
21 Posts
How's the trans holding up? Assuming stock drivetrain?
yes still stock drivetrain , so far so good no trans issues ...only slipped once this winter because its was 16 degrees and i didn't let it warm up because i was running late 4 work but that was my fault

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T, 6 Speed
27 Posts
If you want to swap engines the best route is to find a Charger police car and either go with that or use it as a parts car. They can get them with the 5.7 and AWD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts