Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the brochure of the 2018 challenger and noticed that remote start is supposedly included in the sxt plus , gt and demon trims without the need of adding packages, but the convenience package claims that remote start is added in that package,any gt owner that bought it without the convenience package can confirm if it comes with remote start?

·
Registered
15,074 Posts
No, it won't have it unless the car has the optional Driver Convenience Group.

The DCG is standard only on SRT models, optional on everything else.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,074 Posts

·
Registered
15,074 Posts
Doesn't look like remote start is standard on GT, those charts from Dodge have been wrong before.

Here's two build sheets, the first car is low option and does not have DCG and I don't see remote start.

The next car does have DCG and it shows remote start as being on the car.

So guess like the others, you have to order Driver Convenience Group to get it.

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=2C3CDZGG4JH192825

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=2C3CDZGG5JH220244

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wouldn't waste the money on the 'Driver Convenience Package' since the only interesting thing in it is Remote Start. And you can buy the remote start kit that comes with the necessary equipment to program the car for about $200. I would just do that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey slid I checked that after you suggested the build sheets, I can’t believe they messed it up in a buyer’s guide, but thanks for the info

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't waste the money on the 'Driver Convenience Package' since the only interesting thing in it is Remote Start. And you can buy the remote start kit that comes with the necessary equipment to program the car for about $200. I would just do that.
Can you send me a link to where I can buy it?, is it the mopar website?, did you mean a original remote start kit, right?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found the kit , is about 259 but even if you do the physical installation you gotta take it to a dealer to set it up (according to the instructions)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doesn't look like remote start is standard on GT, those charts from Dodge have been wrong before.

Here's two build sheets, the first car is low option and does not have DCG and I don't see remote start.

The next car does have DCG and it shows remote start as being on the car.

So guess like the others, you have to order Driver Convenience Group to get it.

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=2C3CDZGG4JH192825

http://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=2C3CDZGG5JH220244

There is something that confuse me though, both have garage door opener, but it’s suppose to be only for dcg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is something that confuse me though, both have garage door opener, but it’s suppose to be only for dcg
And the brochure points that is standard, and I checked a vin that didn’t have the garage door opener and one that did,earlier, both without packages....could it be possible that the dealer request them to spec to reduce costs?

·
Registered
15,074 Posts
And the brochure points that is standard, and I checked a vin that didn’t have the garage door opener and one that did,earlier, both without packages....could it be possible that the dealer request them to spec to reduce costs?
I noticed that about the garage door opener and I have no explanation for it. I'm pretty sure you cannot order just the opener by itself, it's part of a package only which I thought was DCG so don't understand that one.

I thought it might be related to the 8.4 radio and checked a couple of SXT both with the 7.0 and 8.4 and neither had it without DCG.

·
Registered
35 Posts
one added note, if you add the mopar remote start the phone app will not allow you to start the car. very irritating, I contacted Dodge about this but with no luck, that's "just the way it is"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
one added note, if you add the mopar remote start the phone app will not allow you to start the car. very irritating, I contacted Dodge about this but with no luck, that's "just the way it is"
Can you start the car with the app before installing the remote start fob?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I noticed that about the garage door opener and I have no explanation for it. I'm pretty sure you cannot order just the opener by itself, it's part of a package only which I thought was DCG so don't understand that one.

I thought it might be related to the 8.4 radio and checked a couple of SXT both with the 7.0 and 8.4 and neither had it without DCG.

I wonder if it has to do with the state laws. In Some states it’s illegal to idle the car without a driver in, yet , having a remote starter isn’t illegal though

·
Registered
15,074 Posts
I wonder if it has to do with the state laws. In Some states it’s illegal to idle the car without a driver in, yet , having a remote starter isn’t illegal though
I thought the remote start was ok with the law because even though it's running, it can't be stolen unless you have the key fob. Now if you manually start the car and leave it running unattended that is different and could be illegal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought the remote start was ok with the law because even though it's running, it can't be stolen unless you have the key fob. Now if you manually start the car and leave it running unattended that is different and could be illegal.

I thought the same, but in dodge build price website, they suggest you to check the laws in your state regarding to remote start when you look for details in that dcg, I assumed that could be related to this

·
Registered
35 Posts
if you dont have remote start the phone app will lock and unlock the doors and you can use the vehicle locator service. once you add mopar remote start nothing changes. the phone app can only start factory installed remote start vehicles

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thats the most important feature I wanted from the remote start, I want to be able to remote start it 15 minutes before leaving work
, thats good to know

·
Registered
35 Posts
thats the most important feature I wanted from the remote start, I want to be able to remote start it 15 minutes before leaving work
, thats good to know
yes, a little irritating, I had a Charger with factory remote start, the phone app worked great especially during the sub zero weather. when I traded it on the challenger I had the dealer add remote start - phone app only had lock/unlock choice. I deleted the app from my phone, reinstalled it - same thing. I called two people at Dodge, they can't tell me why but they confirmed it only will work with the factory installed remote start:frown:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts