Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,850 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) What do you like? With those wheels, I like the chrome fuel door. I personally love black wheels, and if you had black wheels, then the vapor fuel door in my opinion. I also removed the DODGE letters on the back all together. Black would be good too if you like. Honestly, your car looks great, and not very common. If you blacked out the wheels/fuel door, it will be a totally different looking car

I bet if you wanted black wheels, some here would love to switch with you ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) What do you like? With those wheels, I like the chrome fuel door. I personally love black wheels, and if you had black wheels, then the vapor fuel door in my opinion. I also removed the DODGE letters on the back all together. Black would be good too if you like. Honestly, your car looks great, and not very common. If you blacked out the wheels/fuel door, it will be a totally different looking car

I bet if you wanted black wheels, some here would love to switch with you ;)

A Guy
I do like black wheels as well but I just wasn't sure how it would look with this color because like you said its not very common, but for sure if I were to get black wheels I'd definitely get a black fuel cap.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,850 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,370 Posts
Should I black out the rims, fuel cap and dodge logo on trunk on my car? I also plan on tinting the windows.
View attachment 1022783
Beautiful Challenger love Sinamon Stick Color, Congratulations Welcome to Challenger Talk from Tampa Bay, FL Looks perfect as is...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,850 Posts
Dirty? Sheesh :rolleyes:

A Guy

Reactions: rtd2

·
Registered
2021 Challenger SXT, Octane Red Metallic, Ruby Red/Black Int.
296 Posts
Chrome looks better in my opinion with that colour.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
My direct answer, "No"
Also, don't tint, looks great as is. I am not a fan of blacked out accents, even though my car is literally covered with them.
With black stripes, SHAKER, Spoilers, sure dark wheels, and black gas cap. But bright with that color looks very, very, nice.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,607 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

You have one Beautiful looking Challenger there and pick an Awesome color! If we were to get another Challenger, that would be the color that I'd go for. It looks Nice in low light situations and then Punches you in the face when the sun hits it!

As far as your questions though, I'd Definitely tint the windows to keep the heat out. 3M Crystalline is what we had on Ruby (our old 2015 SRT 392) and did its job. It's supposedly the tint with the highest amount of heat rejectivity (that's real word :D) but if you want something that's dark, then it's not the tint for you. It does come in a 90 tint grade that can be put on a windshield and not ruin visibility (or get you a ticket).

I also agree with the others that changing the color of things will change the whole demeanor of your car and while I'm a fan of the black fuel door (but not black wheels), I think that yours looks Great the way she sits. Tinting the windows changes the looks too in a good way and provides a function too by helping to keep your interior cooler and preventing your air from having to work hard and also preventing you from getting baked when you get into a car that has been sitting in the sun.

·
Registered
2018 TA 392 M6; F8 Green
136 Posts
Welcome.
And. - not sure why others feel the need to post pictures of their cars when someone new is showing us theirs? Unless they are asking for comparisons, I think we should let them have their moment in the spotlight - we each had ours! I’m just saying...

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,515 Posts
Welcome.
And. - not sure why others feel the need to post pictures of their cars when someone new is showing us theirs? Unless they are asking for comparisons, I think we should let them have their moment in the spotlight - we each had ours! I’m just saying...
I posted mine because I don't think he should change his, his is awesome as is. But I posted mine to show that I am not one of the "leave it stock" is the only option. If my car would have looked as good as his does I never would have done a thing to mine.

Anyway I deleted the pics of my car.

·
Registered
2011 RT Classic Bright White
30 Posts
I posted mine because I don't think he should change his, his is awesome as is. But I posted mine to show that I am not one of the "leave it stock" is the only option. If my car would have looked as good as his does I never would have done a thing to mine.
It’s taking all I have to not post a pic in this reply just because...

Welcome. I never liked sinamon stick but with your rims and gas cap it’s actually changed my mind.

Like others have said I would tint the windows.

A thought, watch a couple videos on plastidip and try it out then you have a cheap answer to your question and if you don’t like it simply peel away.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts