Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a person walk into a Dodge dealer next week and order a 2021 Challenger Hellcat? Only certain ones?

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
From what I've seen posted,

A Redeye? Yes.

717hp? No, unless recently changed, the thinking being those engines were going into the Durango and Ram TRX.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was just looking at Koons in VA's website, and i swear they've got a ton of them. Like it's strange how many they have compared to any other dealer I'm aware of here in my parts. Strange thing - or maybe neat thing depending on how ya look at it is - many of them are complete strippers. I mean, auto tranny might be the only option on many of them.

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
But all either 2020's or Redeyes, I just looked at cars.com again and don't see a single 2021 717hp listed.

Koons is definitely a top Hellcat seller if not the top seller. I remember once back when many dealers were struggling to get them, Koons had over 100 Hellcats in stock.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
887 Posts
If they have them they are probably not willing to come down off their price. Most Virginia dealerships are allowed to charge dealer processing fees of 795.00 or more. A lot of times it's cheaper to go to Md fees were half that. Dealership in Springfield, Va had Hellcats when no one else had them because they added an extra surcharge. They sat there for over a year.

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Koons charges an $899 processing fee.

They also charge a double destination charge in some cases, can't remember if it's on lot or ordered cars.

So that could be an extra $2400 right there but they do discount pretty good and if you can get most of the rebates, they can turn out to be a better deal.

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
They say Craig Benner is the guy to deal with at Koons and you must make contact with him first before talking to anyone else.

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
They also charge a double destination charge in some cases, can't remember if it's on lot or ordered cars.
What is this heinous double destination charge you speaketh of?

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
What is this heinous double destination charge you speaketh of?
Lol, so they take the factory MSRP which already includes a $1495 destination and then they add another $1495 to the MSRP in their list of fees. That's right, it's already on the sticker but they hit you up for it again.

Now on some cars, maybe ordered cars, I can't remember, they do not charge this double destination but read the fine print on their ads, most seem to have it!

·
Registered
2021 Scat Pack 392, Frostbite Blue, A8, Harman Kardon, sunroof, Dynamics, Adaptive Susp
81 Posts
If anybody wants one in Phoenix, my dude Kris Kapusta at Larry H Miller Avondale can get you one. Straight up honest dude and no funny business. Best sales guy we ever had, we expected to get ripped off some way or somehow, but nope.

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,183 Posts
Lol, so they take the factory MSRP which already includes a $1495 destination and then they add another $1495 to the MSRP in their list of fees. That's right, it's already on the sticker but they hit you up for it again.

Now on some cars, maybe ordered cars, I can't remember, they do not charge this double destination but read the fine print on their ads, most seem to have it!

That’s simply.....

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
any more now - Hellcat sales are in the mid 2000s - 3000s in sales and dealers get allocation across all their models / lines they carry. So if they do well with Rams and Jeeps, it helps them out for specialty models on allocations, if they turn over inventory quickly.

It isn't like the early days in 2015 to early 2016 where 'Cats were the "big thing" and demand outpaced the production.

Granted a small dealership in a rural area than might sell more Ram pickups than anything else, might not get that many, but once you're in a mid sized town - dealers can get them.

SXT and R/T models are the "bread and butter" volume models, with the Scat Packs right behind that.

SRTs being more expensive, don't sell in as much volume.

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Can a person walk into a Dodge dealer next week and order a 2021 Challenger Hellcat? Only certain ones?
Rumor going around that you can now order a 717hp Hellcat.

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Video showing dealer 2021 order screen..

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
Stopped by dealer today, you can order a Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody for sure.
Yeah it's just the 717hp cars that they have been withholding but now looks like finally released but A8 only, the 717hp M6 cars still not available to order.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts