Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Premium Member
My way of tipping I go right to the Tech as he is starting to work , and hand it to him direct, and say thanks
For taking care of mt Girl

Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
I've always tipped when I have vehicles serviced or repaired. I've done it with my motorcycles and cars.
I've also always gotten treated like I was somebody special.
It may not be "fair" to other customers but I've had motorcycle service done within the hour when there were many others ahead of me.
I've had service writers to call techs to come up and take my Challenger out of the line and take it to the back.
I've given dollars and I've given gift cards to restaurants, Lowe's, stuff like that. Once I tipped the writer, the tech guy, and the service manager for something they took care of that they just didn't have to do.
Always have, always will.

Now... if I ever encounter a situation where something goes sideways and they want to jerk me around, I can be just as ugly as they can
I'm a helluva nice guy as long as they let me be nice.

Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
I still don't understand why dealerships fight warranty claims..... They get "paid" by FCA Corporate, don't they? I would think they (dealerships) would be on the customer's side fighting for claims to be validated/approved by FCA in order to get the work AND associated cost reimbursement. Am I missing something here ?

Dealerships are not the end decider on warranties as a prior poster believes. Corporate is the boss. As far as warranty claims, I was a supervisor at a large Ford dealership for five years back in 2001-06. I also processed warranty claims for their body shop. Corporate had the last word on what was warrantable or not. We had to send a description of the problem and photos and wait for approval. I never turned away a legitimate warranty claim by a customer. Work is work. Now there were some unscrupulous customers who would damage their vehicles then come in and try to get it fixed under warranty like the guy who chewed up his truck bed with gravel and bricks then tried to tell me the paint was peeling all on it's own. Or the guy who wanted an aftermarket bumper he put on, warrantied. I only know of the processes with Ford at that time not other makes, but the flat rate for repairs then was $44. The warranty rate paid by Ford was $78 per hour. Good for the dealership. But the techs got the same rate either way which was $16.50 hour. Corporate sets the time needed to make the repair so if you're good or you want to cut corners you will make money. If you are slow or take your time to do it right you don't make much money, which is the whole flaw in the system. It's not set up to do right by the customer.
Now on the other side as a customer of another brand, I discovered from a tech, with all the defects they have, the dealerships were discouraged by corporate from doing warranties if they could blow off the customer. Hence the ever present "functioning as designed" phrase I heard for all the defects those vehicles had.
As far as tips go, I tried that a couple times. Once I gave the service advisor a tip and told him to split it with the tech. His reply was that the techs don't need the money, they'll get him lunch. The second time, the service advisor didn't do squat for me but argue with me that the vibration in my 6-SPEED Challenger was caused by the MDS. Even after I had them call corporate since the service advisor, tech and service manager insisted 6-speeds had MDS, they discovered that the customer actually knew what he was talking about, they still signed off the fix as "MDS functioning properly" and of course got paid from FCA for the time. So I gave up on the tip thing.
So the dealership is the end decider, since it needs to go through the dealership before it reaches corporate, and if the dealer lies, corporate has no way of checking that.

Got it, thanks for clarifying that by contradicting yourself.

Registered
So the dealership is the end decider, since it needs to go through the dealership before it reaches corporate, and if the dealer lies, corporate has no way of checking that.

Got it, thanks for clarifying that by contradicting yourself.
That was my first thought, "Yeah, corporate is the final decision maker, but you STILL have to get past the Service Writer and his chain of command."

Registered
There's a guy in Las Vegas who recently did a Lemon Law deal on a Hellcat Challenger. He's got a couple of recent videos on it. Very similar sounding issues in general. He went through 2 lawyers, one who seems to actually have done the correct actions.

He was very detailed and meticulous in his recordkeeping. Eventually he was able to get the car taken back and all his money refunded, including attorneys fees from what he said.

Check it out, it's recent.

Registered
What's the update on this?

Overly curious.

Feel bad for you.

If I may, and not to piss you off, but how in the world did you not notice this at delivery?

If you can't answer due to pending legal action, I understand.

Thanks and hope it all turns out to your benefit.

Registered
My SP puffs after being started but not really driven for a while, like when I just move it to get other cars out. Doesn鈥檛 seem to be a big deal.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts