Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not fair, the Hellcat never makes it to 8th gear!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I saw an episode on T.V. about the Bugatti being built.................it is so amazing and mind blowing on what it takes to build this most outstanding automobile, the quality that goes into building this unit is so mind blowing now I understand why it sales for those millions................best car in the world in my book!
Can you imagine what it would cost to do an oil change?????????????
I would still rather buy 50 Hell Cats for this kind of coin......................................without a doubt...........

David

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat PackK
431 Posts
Plus the HellCat comes stock with 275 tires.. At 700hp that a pretty silly tire size to have .. It should have at least came with 305's at least on the rear from the factory. Dodge had to know there would be comparisons like this.. It would be alot quicker with wider tires and get better press. Hell even the Z28 comes from the factory with stock 305's... My 500 horsepower Scat Pack with 245's is just as silly.. Its the one area where Dodge dropped the ball the dam tires..Lol These new Challengers would be posting faster stock times which would boost sales even more..

·
Registered
431 Posts
HellCat leads all they way to 47mph.. With better tires id bet it would lead to 60...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Plus the HellCat comes stock with 275 tires.. At 700hp that a pretty silly tire size to have .. It should have at least came with 305's at least on the rear from the factory. Dodge had to know there would be comparisons like this.. It would be alot quicker with wider tires and get better press. Hell even the Z28 comes from the factory with stock 305's... My 500 horsepower Scat Pack with 245's is just as silly.. Its the one area where Dodge dropped the ball the dam tires..Lol These new Challengers would be posting faster stock times which would boost sales even more..
275 wide tire = breaking traction... 305 wide tire = breaking the drive train... I'm sure that's one reason the Cat didn't get wider tires

·
Registered
431 Posts
275 wide tire = breaking traction... 305 wide tire = breaking the drive train... I'm sure that's one reason the Cat didn't get wider tires
I highly doubt it..Why did my Scat Pack come with 245's then? The Scat Pack 392 and the SRT 392 are the same.. But the SRT version comes with 275's.. Its all about saving money and selling the car with the bare minimum to keep the initial cost down to get more buyers to buy.. Plenty of guys throwing on 305's on Scat Pack392, SRT392 and HellCats without breaking axles..

·
Registered
605 Posts
A challenger is a "normal man's" car. A guy that likes to rotate his tires and get away with buying the cheapest tires for the size. To run a staggered setup, most people would have shy'd away from this car. I'm one of the those guys that have always ran staggered setups on my cars. Can't wait to do wheels and tires on this bad boy.

R.K.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
That Vimulator setup is pretty cool!

·
Registered
152 Posts
As I recall --reading somewhere-- the tires that the Veyron comes with cost about 4k for a set.

It is fun to compare traction and lifespan of tires with the Veyron as well as other performance factors.

It reminds me of super high end stereo equipment of many years past. One could buy amps. (for example) that had hand wound with silver wire transformers that did the same thing that copper wire transformers did.

Some pay for glamor in a big way and they get what they pay for.

It is cool that we can (perhaps) buy a car for 60k that performs like a race car from the 70's or 80's.

Good times.:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts