Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The upcoming SRT Challenger powered by Chrysler’s new 6.2-liter supercharged Hellcat V8 won’t be the most expensive muscle car on the market despite being the most powerful.

According to a leaked presentation slide leaked by AutoSpies, the car will start at $59,900, which makes it more expensive than the now out-of-production Shelby GT500 and the Camaro ZL1, but less expensive than the track-focused Camaro Z/28.

Dodge’s new tire melter will also run an NARA-certified 11.2-second quarter mile, although it isn’t clear if the company modified the car at all to make it handle well. Of the muscle cars the Detroit 3 are selling, the Challenger has historically been the least capable in cornering, but that doesn’t mean the same will be true of the newest SRT model. The base V8-powered Camaro and Mustang aren’t corner carvers either, but their more expensive variants are.

Then again, all of the Dodge promotional material so far is focused on two things: burnouts and being able to make it down a drag strip quickly. The material shown on the slide also seems like it discredits the previous assertion that the car will run a 10-second quarter mile made through a video Dodge released showing Gas Monkey Garage running the car down a strip.
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Pricing Leaked » AutoGuide.com News

·
Registered
160 Posts
325 views and nobody has commented. Well..then..let me be the first. WOW!!! :banana: :grouphug: Another surprise!..expecting $75K...after the first surprise of 707 HP!

Anyone want to buy my 2014 Dodge Charger R/T 100th Anniversary Edition with only 1850 miles on it. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
Charger 392
441 Posts
Just saw that also, I did find out though that the option for the leather seats with heated/vented and other stuff lists for $1500 for the Scat Pac 392. You can get the Scat with the 6.4L, auto, leather and destination for MSRP $41.3K That is incredible.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Just saw that also, I did find out though that the option for the leather seats with heated/vented and other stuff lists for $1500 for the Scat Pac 392. You can get the Scat with the 6.4L, auto, leather and destination for MSRP $41.3K That is incredible.
Where do you see/build this?

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Plus dealer mark-up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts