Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
My auto insurance [ Liberty ] must of seen that photo of the HELLCAT chase wreck.
I have a perfect driving record and my new policy starts mid June 2019 and went up almost $ 350.00.

Now I have to start looking.
OUCH! That's just not right. Good luck, hope you find a better ins. co.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Good job Colorado. Smh. Too many idiots in the world.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
My auto insurance [ Liberty ] must of seen that photo of the HELLCAT chase wreck.
I have a perfect driving record and my new policy starts mid June 2019 and went up almost $ 350.00.

I was with Nationwide for over 20 years. My only claim was getting 2 tires slashed. I switched to Liberty and was saving over $400 a year off what I was paying Nationwide.

Then, I noticed my renewals inching up each year. I switched to AAA this time, saving me another $300 a year. I'm not calling out any insurance company, but I think they will all figure you will be lazy and not compare rates with other insurance companies. Thus more money they can extract from your wallet.

·
Registered
546 Posts

I was with Nationwide for over 20 years. My only claim was getting 2 tires slashed. I switched to Liberty and was saving over $400 a year off what I was paying Nationwide.

Then, I noticed my renewals inching up each year. I switched to AAA this time, saving me another $300 a year. I'm not calling out any insurance company, but I think they will all figure you will be lazy and not compare rates with other insurance companies. Thus more money they can extract from your wallet.
I was with progressive for 5 years and it was $120 when I first started. Somehow over 5 years it had jumped all the way up to $260 a month. Then I found out they never gave me a discount for moving or my bundles package with home/car and they had to pay me back for a year at $25 a month. I added my new Challenger and they quoted me $299 a MONTH for 2 cars! I’m switching to American family insurance who quoted me $151 for the EXACT same coverages for a year policy for both of mine and my wife’s car.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I was with progressive for 5 years and it was $120 when I first started. Somehow over 5 years it had jumped all the way up to $260 a month. Then I found out they never gave me a discount for moving or my bundles package with home/car and they had to pay me back for a year at $25 a month. I added my new Challenger and they quoted me $299 a MONTH for 2 cars! I’m switching to American family insurance who quoted me $151 for the EXACT same coverages for a year policy for both of mine and my wife’s car.
I was with American Family for 10 years. Was always happy to give them my business. Too bad they don't insure vehicles in Florida or I'd still have them.

·
Registered
176 Posts
My wife works with a guy who's friend " had " a Hellcat. He got so many tickets that the wife made him sell it because their insurance went through the roof. He now drives a 4 banger econo ride. I drive my Hemi Javelin more aggressively than my new widebody Scat Pack since I still need to get used to the new ride.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
My auto insurance [ Liberty ] must of seen that photo of the HELLCAT chase wreck. I have a perfect driving record and my new policy starts mid June 2019 and went up almost $ 350.00. Now I have to start looking.

Know this thread is concerning a real moron that was placing innocent lives at risk, but as far as insurance goes, give Hagerty a try. Dodge teamed up with them a while back as an option for the car buyer to get insurance from a performance minded company. Have both the 09 & 18 insured through them and you set the total loss pay out limit and it stays at that level until you change it.

HOT ROD ON

·
Registered
123 Posts
It occurrs to me that this guy might have been trying to do a Kowalski. But didn't make it quite as far. That's the main road out of Denver on the way to San Francisco isn't it? Same car (sort of), same route, same sense of urgency. Heh.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts