Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
No because the a 650HP Z06 will still beat it on power to weight.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
That won't be necessary. The cars don't compete anyway but the 650 hp Vette is going to beat the living hell out of the Hellcat. Don't let your eyes get too big for your stomach.

·
Registered
540 Posts
That's pretty much the whole discussion.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yeah, that's just a bunch of bullshit to increase engagement. There is nothing new to talk about. They're in two different classes and a new Corvette is unnecessary.

It's obvious you're just looking to start a threat that snowballs into a larger one, but there really isn't anything to discuss.

·
Registered
212 Posts
That won't be necessary. The cars don't compete anyway but the 650 hp Vette is going to beat the living hell out of the Hellcat. Don't let your eyes get too big for your stomach.
this, the corvette (at least the Z06/ZR1 versions)would be more compared to the Viper, the Challenger would be compared to the Mustang/Camaro

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
If GM really wanted to, they could easily turn up the wick on the LT4 they have now and make over 700. They just don't need to. 650hp 650tq is plenty for the Z06 right now.

·
Registered
321 Posts
as someone who was t-boned in a Challenger a few years ago, I would much rather have gotten hit that hard in a Challenger than in a Vette

the car took the hit and we all walked away, although in a foggy state

·
Registered
67 Posts
as someone who was t-boned in a Challenger a few years ago, I would much rather have gotten hit that hard in a Challenger than in a Vette

the car took the hit and we all walked away, although in a foggy state
Glad you walked away, but what does this have to do with anything? If you really care about safety you'd be in a Volvo.

·
Premium Member
10,437 Posts
A Corvette can take a pretty good shot, they are more substantial than you think.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Here's what I know, it was a CHALLENGER not a Charger...lol. Guess I know more than that reporter...lol

Reactions: Danner

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Probably not. The Z06 will gorilla rape the Hellcat in every performance category, period. The Z06 will sodomize the Viper TA. But, if the Viper guys pull their heads out of their asses and build a car that gets universal respect and becomes feared, then yes, we will see the return of the ZR-1 with well over 700HP.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.