Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the 2012 movie, Stand Up Guys? it has a black Dodge Challenger SRT in it with a T/A hood.
You can spot it at the following points of time in the movie trailer:

:51
1:10
1:35
2:07

·
Registered
531 Posts
Besides the car it actually looks like a good movie. Gonna have to watch it. Thanks

·
Vendor
12,393 Posts

·
Vendor
12,393 Posts
here a few pictures without the hood
you can see lots of stuff thats been done to it, windshield has been removed, different wheels to update the car, t/a hood and in the trunk, you'll find holes where equipment was mounted

Luke

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Its a button, push the button haha! Actually looks decent. I want to see Ride Along with Ice Cube and Kevin Hart. It has a few Dodges in it too.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Didn't really care for the movie all that much.. But RIPD has an orange SRT in it. As well all most of the fast and furious serious feature challengers and chargers.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I watched Vanishing Point (1971) last night for the first time, the movie is kinda dumb but it features a 70 Challenger in a lot of kool car chases.

·
Vendor
12,393 Posts
I watched Vanishing Point (1971) last night for the first time, the movie is kinda dumb but it features a 70 Challenger in a lot of kool car chases.

in its day, it was an instant hit, a cult movie, today its a litle wimpy,
Luke

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Re-watching VP right now (lost count of how many times I've seen it). Not a great movie by any means and it's riddled with bad clichés and lousy actors, but it's still greater than the sum of its parts. I always enjoy revisiting it for some of the driving sequences and music. Washes my eyes from all that CGI crap they use for everything now too.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Unlike the car chase scenes in modern movies that use a blend of CGI and carefully choreographed driving the old movies like Bullit and Vanishing Point had a sense of realism and danger IMHO. I watched the making of and they went thru 8 Challengers to make Vanishing Point. Too bad it was such a cheesy plot.

One relatively recent movie that is directed by Quintin Tarantino is Death Proof, that has some descent car scenes in it as well.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
What a coincidence...

Has anyone seen the 2012 movie, Stand Up Guys? it has a black Dodge Challenger SRT in it with a T/A hood.
You can spot it at the following points of time in the movie trailer:

:51
1:10
1:35
2:07
Stand Up Guys - Official Movie TRAILER (2012) HD - YouTube
I rented this movie last night (Wakken is my favorite actor). I had no idea that an SRT was in the film. Best moment: Al Pachino walks up to a Black 6.1 SRT the day he was released from a 30 year prison sentence:
"WHAT KIND OF A BEAUTIFUL BEAST OF A CAR IS THIS?"

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Um... not to be a stickler, but I believe the right spelling to be Alpa Chino!

:weed:

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts