Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im new to the forum and I was planning on buying a challenger. I really like hemi orange, so I talked to the dealer, and the lowest price he could come up with for a challenger w/ automatic + sunroof (and the not-so-optional 20" chrome clad rims) is 30k out the door (tax included). It has an MSRP of 35k, and 2k tax, so is it a good deal? In other words, is 7k off a 2013 challenger R/T good enough, considering in december, they'll practically be giving away the 2013 challengers, but i dont know how much they'll take off then.
What should i do?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hi, Im new to the forum and I was planning on buying a challenger. I really like hemi orange, so I talked to the dealer, and the lowest price he could come up with for a challenger w/ automatic + sunroof (and the not-so-optional 20" chrome clad rims) is 30k out the door (tax included). It has an MSRP of 35k, and 2k tax, so is it a good deal? In other words, is 7k off a 2013 challenger R/T good enough, considering in december, they'll practically be giving away the 2013 challengers, but i dont know how much they'll take off then.
What should i do?
If it has a sunroof I'm assuming it's pretty well-equipped. $30k out the door is awesome. That means you're getting a brand new, well equipped RT for less than $28k. And they really only start giving these things away when they're 2 MY's old.

I'd do it. You're not going to do much better than that. And if you are, the time spent looking and negotiating won't yield much more than a few hundred off the price, and isn't worth it IMHO. . . so, you've got a great deal in front of you. DOOO ITTTT.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds good. the only thing im stuck about is the 2015s. Is the 2015 worth waiting for? or is the 2013 good. i know they'll have an interior refresh and a bit of an exterior change to the bumpers.. idk if itll be better or not

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
The 2015 may or may not be better...depending on what you like. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow isn't promised...get it now and start enjoying it. That sounds like a good deal. If it's the car you want, then it pull the trigger.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
You can't get a Hemi Orange '14 so if there is a leftover new '13 still on a lot (what I did) buy it! Hemi Orange is a better color (and more exclusive by the way) than Header Orange IMO.

1,931 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a great deal but I would offer $2K less just to see how desperate they are. Try to do the deal on the last day of the month as the dealer gets factory incentives based on how many cars they move per month. Lot of dealers also give bonuses to the sales managers if they meet a monthly quota. Make the offer today and give them your phone number then walk out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think it's a great deal. That's what I paid, about $30K out the door, car was $28K and change in December 2010. R/T, M6, sunroof, not much else.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a great deal but I would offer $2K less just to see how desperate they are. Try to do the deal on the last day of the month as the dealer gets factory incentives based on how many cars they move per month. Lot of dealers also give bonuses to the sales managers if they meet a monthly quota. Make the offer today and give them your phone number then walk out.
yeah its 2013. I like hemi orange, and wouldnt take header. its just not my type.
and in reply to that comment, i was wondering: the dodge incentive in my area is 2k off, and that ends on November 4. so i could try again on October 31, or wait until november 5th and ask (if the new incentive is better), or wait until nov 31, or wait until december. but its important to note theres only 22 hemi orange challengers left in the country (according to dodge's website). that includes manuals and ones that the dealer didnt take off yet. so realistically like 15

·
Registered
401 Posts
yeah its 2013. I like hemi orange, and wouldnt take header. its just not my type.
and in reply to that comment, i was wondering: the dodge incentive in my area is 2k off, and that ends on November 4. so i could try again on October 31, or wait until november 5th and ask (if the new incentive is better), or wait until nov 31, or wait until december. but its important to note theres only 22 hemi orange challengers left in the country (according to dodge's website). that includes manuals and ones that the dealer didnt take off yet. so realistically like 15
I also forgot the Hemi Orange factor. . . like someone else said, that color is harder to come by and won't be around next year.

I'd do what TNCHARGER said and offer $2k below and see what they say. They worst you'll get is probably a slight budge on the price. . . best case scenario they actually do it. But don't ask expecting a "no." Ask expecting a yes, and make it sound like you won't do the deal unless they come off the price. I usually use the, "If you can do (insert demand here) I will buy the car right now." That usually works. "If you can do $28k out the door, I'll take her home right now." Stick to it, and they'll probably come back with $29k OTD or something.

Also. . . it is the end of the month. So they're in that sales incentive zone that TNCHARGER mentioned.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
sounds like a good deal.. like someone said, this is end of month.. offer $2k less and if they come back
anymore off you're ahead. I assume it's an R/T or R/T Plus, what else does it have on it?

I love my Challenger, more than I even thought I would.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
If that's the color you want, I'd buy it, that's definitely a great deal, you probably won't find a better deal anywhere else. Why wait another year for a '15 that might not even be a car that you like, when you could be driving the one you want now?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sounds like a good deal.. like someone said, this is end of month.. offer $2k less and if they come back
anymore off you're ahead. I assume it's an R/T or R/T Plus, what else does it have on it?

I love my Challenger, more than I even thought I would.
It has the 20in wheels, sunroof, rear park assist, and automatic. All I want is the auto and sunroof, but apparently those 1200 rims.are a mandatory option. I Dont mind paying for the park assist.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Don't lose the car and options you want over a grand here or there... I got $7K off the sticker for my '13 and they even threw in tint and installed aftermarket cat back exhaust for me (swap off my trade in Challenger). Maybe ask for things like tint or R/T stripes (depending on what it already has). Most dealerships will add those items at no extra cost. Also, ask about the "hold back" on the car when negotiating more off it the already low price. They WANT to get those '13s off the lots.

·
Registered
401 Posts
If that's the color you want, I'd buy it, that's definitely a great deal, you probably won't find a better deal anywhere else. Why wait another year for a '15 that might not even be a car that you like, when you could be driving the one you want now?
^^^ What he said. And, I guarantee you won't be getting a comparable 2015 RT for $30k or less out the door when they come out. You'll have to wait on leftover '15s for that deal. By that time, you'd have been driving your '13 Hemi Orange Challenger RT for 2 years.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also, my initial offer was 27, and they said they can't do less than 30500 after like an hour of negotiation. I know I could push for 30, I don't think they'll take less

·
Registered
401 Posts
It has the 20in wheels, sunroof, rear park assist, and automatic. All I want is the auto and sunroof, but apparently those 1200 rims.are a mandatory option. I Dont mind paying for the park assist.
At this point you're not even paying for the rims anymore. Gotta look at the car as a package. At the beginning of the year, people were buying base RT's for this price or more in some cases.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah. Honestly I wasnt planning on buying a car at all until 2014/15, but when I found out hemi orange isn't on 14 and most likely not 15 I started thinking about it. And I told them they'd need to add the black double line stripes from front bumper to the rear

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^^ See my last post on negotiation ideas.
Yeah I'm reading all posts. Appreciate them. I think they come with light tints and that's fine with me. And the stripes is something ill have them do. I think the biggest problem I have is that a year ago, I figured id be spending 15k on a civic when I need that car. That number now jumped. I know its the car I want, but im trying to draw the line between practicality and preference.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Grab the 2013, drive it for a few years, pick up a 2015 or even 2016 when the bugs are worked out. You'll have a ball in the mean time, and you are starting down a great deal. Not sure you can lose here...

1 - 20 of 87 Posts