Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,918 Posts
I really like the 2012-14 Mustangs. So much so that I test drove GTs several times, but the Dodge won me over...twice.

I think Ford is doing some great things, but the company's products are becoming more global in scope, and by definition less American in flavor.

FCA products may end up going in that direction, too. But until then, in my mind nothing beats a badass American car like a HEMI-powered Challenger, Charger or 300...! :D

Reactions: R/T-Randy and Figma

· Premium Member
1,918 Posts
I love the legend of HEMI. The new 2015 392 Scat Pack Shaker cars are beautiful. I'm a sucker for the lights and the Shaker "Air Grabber" in a red or the champagne/silver color they showed in the promo videos. I'm such a dork that I watch old Chrysler Corp dealer promos of GTX's and such.

How is the build quality? What is your average mpg in mixed driving?

In my 6-speed 5.0 I'm only getting 12-13mpg on average. I guess because I wind out the gears and don't skip gears in order to save gas. I just love the sound but LOVE the sound of that HEMI 350 or 392 more. I just wish they would have squeezed 400ci out because it would seem so much bigger and cooler haha. The 5.0 can't compete so far as that deep meaty sound of a big displacement pushrod HEMI. I fear Ford is going to stick to the 5.0 too long for nostalgia. It needs a bigger displacement and that 5.0 would look cooler as a 6.0 DOHC Ti-VCT.
If you are fine with Mustang build quality, you will be more than fine with Challenger quality. And I expect the 2015 build quality to blow the doors off the 2011-14 Challengers.

I average 14 MPG in the city consistently, and have been able to average 21 MPG on road trips. And I don't really watch my foot, either. ;)

Reactions: DomesticLover

· Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Agree. I drove the GT several times: the suspension got easily unsettled when it hit some rough pavement.

I get 14 MPG in city driving with a 392/M6 combo. I averaged 13.5 MPG in city with the 392/A5 combo in my 2012 300 SRT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.