Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any meets in sacramento? I'm south sac, I wonder if any of you guys have seen me? I have a black RT and my little brother is always in the front seat, or my German Shepherd is riding shotgun. I would love to attend a meet to see other challengers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am putting together a BBQ at Lake Del Ville I know its kinda far and I am out in tracy myself but im about to post the event up in just a few and get the list going.
Is there any meets in sacramento? I'm south sac, I wonder if any of you guys have seen me? I have a black RT and my little brother is always in the front seat, or my German Shepherd is riding shotgun. I would love to attend a meet to see other challengers.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's quite the distance. It seems like nobody around where I live has a Challenger, there's no Challenger community in sacramento. There is a gigantic mustang presence though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
LOL yeah another reason why I will always be a mopar man. But as for people do what i am doing if you see someone flag them down start getting people together and soon you will have your own community. I just flag down three people today as i feel the same so many camero, corvette and imports but no challengers in this area they all meet in the bay or closest to me is livermore, but like i said im not going to drive over an hour away just to hang out in a parking lot it has to be worth the trip like going and doing something i love seeing the cars but after seeing so many not much to look at now until i see those 2015 line ups start rolling.

Yeah, that's quite the distance. It seems like nobody around where I live has a Challenger, there's no Challenger community in sacramento. There is a gigantic mustang presence though.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I live up in Roseville/Rocklin. I am sometimes available Thursday and Friday. And yes, lots of Mustangs here too. Although, I have been seeing a few new Challengers up this way lately.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
When I first bought my 2012 YJ I hardly ever saw any Challengers around but now I see several on my daily commute down Sunrise to Mather AFB in the mornings and back up to Citrus Heights in the evenings. I also see a few around my neighborhood (Sunrise and Greenback) now and then.

I usually take Sunrise down to Douglas Road (the back way into the old Mather AFB) during the morning commute.

There's a black SXT with a 'SWMPWCH' (or something really close to that) license plate I see heading South on Sunrise during the AM commute, a black RT that I see coming out of the neighborhood just South of the landing strip at Mather in the mornings, a 2010 Furious Fuchsia RT going up Sunrise near Highway 50 in the AM, a silver RT that turns south onto Zinfandel from Douglas Road in the AM, a 2010 PCP SRT that both my wife and I have seen around the Sunrise and 50 and Sunrise and Greenback areas, a Torred (I think) RT around Greenback and Sunrise, etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think there are quite a few Challenger owners around Sac and maybe we should get together to meet and greet, talk shop and admire our kickass cars. :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm down.

When I first bought my 2012 YJ I hardly ever saw any Challengers around but now I see several on my daily commute down Sunrise to Mather AFB in the mornings and back up to Citrus Heights in the evenings. I also see a few around my neighborhood (Sunrise and Greenback) now and then.

I usually take Sunrise down to Douglas Road (the back way into the old Mather AFB) during the morning commute.

There's a black SXT with a 'SWMPWCH' (or something really close to that) license plate I see heading South on Sunrise during the AM commute, a black RT that I see coming out of the neighborhood just South of the landing strip at Mather in the mornings, a 2010 Furious Fuchsia RT going up Sunrise near Highway 50 in the AM, a silver RT that turns south onto Zinfandel from Douglas Road in the AM, a 2010 PCP SRT that both my wife and I have seen around the Sunrise and 50 and Sunrise and Greenback areas, a Torred (I think) RT around Greenback and Sunrise, etc.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think there are quite a few Challenger owners around Sac and maybe we should get together to meet and greet, talk shop and admire our kickass cars. :)

Awesome! If you see a Hemi Orange SRT with Classic R/T stripes and a NEVER L8 vanity plate, that's me! Honk! Flash! Pull me over! Let's chat!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm interested in a Challenger meet! I use to roll Sunrise all the time when I was younger. Cruisin a '65 mustang back then...

Reactions: SecretCajunMann

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not to sound rude or anything but are you a skinny feller and always dress is professional clothing? My mom and I carpool to work, I drop her off right at trade center drive and sunrise. I have a black challenger rt, and one day I saw a Yellow Jacket next to me around 7:40-7:55 AM, the guy smiled and waved at us we waved back. Was that you?! I pick up my mom around 5:10 PM and I always see a YJ exiting on the sunrise exit going towards citrus heights!! That has to be you man, the YJ doesn't have tints and the windows are always down. I always honk at you, but you never look lol. I love the YJ! If it is you what a small world.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool!! 4 people so far!! Well, I'm a young hispanic male, I have a muffler delete and have yet to put my plates on lol. My RT is black, stock wheels, and always looks like it needs a shower! I'm always with my wife, little brother or mom in the car. Yeah, that's vague but if you ever see a German Shepherd Dog in the front seat, gun me down!!! That's me!!!!!!! I attached a picture of myself and wife.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not to sound rude or anything but are you a skinny feller and always dress is professional clothing? My mom and I carpool to work, I drop her off right at trade center drive and sunrise. I have a black challenger rt, and one day I saw a Yellow Jacket next to me around 7:40-7:55 AM, the guy smiled and waved at us we waved back. Was that you?! I pick up my mom around 5:10 PM and I always see a YJ exiting on the sunrise exit going towards citrus heights!! That has to be you man, the YJ doesn't have tints and the windows are always down. I always honk at you, but you never look lol. I love the YJ! If it is you what a small world.
Yep, that's me! Unless it's raining, freezing cold or 95 plus degrees out I like running with the windows down, sunroof open and the tunes going. Probably why I don't hear ya honk. That and I'm getting old and my hearing probably is going. ?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll flag you down next time I see you! That's pretty cool! If you ever see a bright blue 370z on sunrise that's likely me since my little brother and I sometimes drive eachothers cars! LOL, I can't believe someone from the forum was right next to me! I think you wear glasses? Not sunglasses, but percription glasses correct?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Reactions: SecretCajunMann

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'll flag you down next time I see you! That's pretty cool! If you ever see a bright blue 370z on sunrise that's likely me since my little brother and I sometimes drive eachothers cars! LOL, I can't believe someone from the forum was right next to me! I think you wear glasses? Not sunglasses, but percription glasses correct?
That's me. DMV says I'm breaking the law if I don't wear them while driving but I think that would be the least of my worries if I were to be pulled over for um..... something. :browsmiley:

I'll keep my eyes, and ears, open a bit better and see if I can spot you in either car. That's pretty funny we've probably crossed path dozens of times before and never knew it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol, speeding would be the biggest worry I assume. Yeah, it is! I didn't think that the guy with the Yellow Jacket on sunrise would ever post on here lol. Have you seen the black 392 with 22's on it? It's always on Zinfindel. It looks ugly!!!! How could they put 22's on the poor car, especially a 392 which looks great stock.

That's me. DMV says I'm breaking the law if I don't wear them while driving but I think that would be the least of my worries if I were to be pulled over for um..... something. :browsmiley:

I'll keep my eyes, and ears, open a bit better and see if I can spot you in either car. That's pretty funny we've probably crossed path dozens of times before and never knew it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm interested in a Challenger meet! I use to roll Sunrise all the time when I was younger. Cruisin a '65 mustang back then...

Same here but in my 91 Crown Vic Ex-Cop car 351ci 5.8L Windsor. Can you say sleeper?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts