Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it looks like the Challenger isn't so heavy after all... Compared to the Ford GT500 anyway. I just got this off Fords web site.

2007 SHELBY GT500 QUICK SPECS

POWERTRAIN
5.4-liter, DOHC, 32-valve, 90-degree V-8
475 horsepower, 475 lb.-ft. of torque (estimated)
Roots-type Eaton supercharger and air-to-water intercooler
Iron block, Ford GT aluminum heads, dual exhaust
Tremec TR6060 6-speed manual transmission
Rear-wheel drive, 3.31:1 axle ratio; Traction Control

CHASSIS
Wheelbase:107.1 in.
Height:54.5 in. (Coupe) / 55.7 (Convertible)
Length:187.6 in.
Width:73.9 in.
Weight:approx. 3,920 lbs. (Coupe)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So if the Challenger SRT weighs anywhere between 3900-4100lbs and has 500+/-HP then it should hold it's own.;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way, that GT500 looks pretty cool... If Dodge fumbles this Challenger I think I'll become a Ford man.:eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
39 huh thast pretty heavy. i think the new mustang looks SAD!

·
Registered
598 Posts
TDB7117 said:
By the way, that GT500 looks pretty cool... If Dodge fumbles this Challenger I think I'll become a Ford man.:eek:
Yea,I agree the new shelby gt-500 looks really cool in person,...but.....it would be my 2nd choice as my favorite styled retro American new muscle coupe...new hemi challenger #1..... I'm counting on Dodge,not to change the production version of the challenger.;) :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
davidb said:
I wonder what it would take to lobby DC for that 392 6.4L option?
I think the SRT team will hook us up with the 6.4L HEMI.;)

I doubt it will have 510HP though...:(

·
Registered
748 Posts
I was actually pretty excited about the Shelby GT500 when I read the spec sheet. There was no Challenger or Camaro on the horizon and the GT500 looked far better than a stock Mustang. Then I read it would weigh almost 4,000 lbs and suddenly it lost its appeal. A Challenger MIGHT get away with it, but a 4000 lb Mustang?

I still laugh when guys say a manufacturer should drop a V8 into a car with a 4 cylinder and think it will only weigh 100 lbs more. After you beef up the entire drivetrain and brakes and peripherals, you are going to add 3 or 400 lbs to that little. Now a shade-tree V8 conversion may only add the extra weight of the motor and tranny. Then they complain when the rest of the car doesn't hold up under the strain.:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts