Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DODGE CHALLENGER 2009-2011
(probably same for 2012-2014, but haven't verified that)

bolt pattern: 5-115

Stock wheel sizes and offsets

RWD:
17x7" 22mm offset steel (Chrysler and Dodge)
17x7" 22mm offset aluminum (Chrysler and Dodge)
18x7.5" 24mm offset aluminum (Chrysler and Dodge)
18x7.5" 18mm offset (steel police car wheels)
20x8" 24mm offset (Dodge chrome clad and Chrysler SRT design aluminum)
20x9" 25.5mm offset forged aluminum SRT8 (all)

AWD:
18x7.5" 55mm offset aluminum (Chrysler and Dodge)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not remember where I found this info originally, but I do remember searching high and low for it back when I was trying to decide on which aftermarket wheels to buy for my Challenger. It nearly drove me insane trying to figure out all the details when looking at replacement candidates. But then I found these specs somewhere, and I was able to back down off the ledge.

I thought about withholding the info so I could sit back and watch some of you nearly go crazy like I did, but that would be putting stress on a structure that may not be up to code in the first place, now wouldn't it. :pillepalle:

Nuke, OUT!

Reactions: Arvin

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I found the offset stamped on the backside of the spokes on my OEM wheels. :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yes the offset is stamped on the back of the rim along with the width of the rim. This info is great to have cause I went through the same thing trying to figure out what could fit. Thanks for the great info.

·
Premium Member
9,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the offset stamped on the backside of the spokes on my OEM wheels. :D
Which begs the question, why were you skulking around looking at the backside of your wheels' spokes? :up_to_something:

Lemme guess, your ole lady made you promise to quit smoking cigarettes, and you hastily agreed to avoid an argument. However, you had your fingers crossed behind your back, and so you have been secretly hiding a cigarette or two in strange, out-of-the-way places where she would never stumble across them and bust you.

And your plan had been working beautifully until you got a ticket for going 94 mph in a 70 zone, for which you requested, and were granted, permission to take defensive driving.

However, you procrastinated so long before taking it that you plumb forgot to get it completed on time, leaving you with a warrant out for your arrest and a flare-up in your peptic ulcer from all the cops you seem to see now when you drive to/from work.

Wanting it to finally put an end to all the anxiety, you decided to turn yourself in and spend a night in jail to satisfy the warrant, however you would not go to jail until you had that one last smoke...BUT OH NO, you couldn't find any of the ones you had hidden! PANIC TIME!!

So you began frantically searching everywhere you remember hiding them, and after exhausting those options, you just began randomly searching places that you thought would make for good hiding spots on the off-chance you did stow away a cig there at some point and just forgot about it.

And it was while doing this, you found yourself under your car, in the dark, with a pen light, inspecting the backside of your wheels, where you happen to notice some numbers stamped into the metal - your wheel offset!

Ah sweet serendipity, it always catches us by surprise doesn't it.

How'd I do, was I close?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
It was when I rotated my tires.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
:D.....

·
Premium Member
9,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was when I rotated my tires.
okay, well my vision did not come to pass in this particular scenario, but they are usually spot-on. So if that set of events has not transpired in your life thus far, it must mean it was a vision of your future...either that, or I am about to suffer a massive stroke.

Just to be on the safe side, you should probably avoid any situations where you could find yourself exceeding the speed limit or promising to give up some personal vice...and I will have another brain scan done just as soon as my alien abductors visit me again and wisk me away to their mothership for yet another round of those insufferable probings.

Reactions: cannonballcobb
1 - 7 of 7 Posts