Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you think I could run 22" rims with 265/40/22 tires at all four corners and still look good or would I look like some two-bit ecstasy dealer?

·
Registered
533 Posts
NO. You would need 22" tires to go on 22" wheels.
Besides that, I've not seen any 22" wheels that look good on a Challenger.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
This is a tough one to answer. I honestly think 20" is the right look for these cars. Some have gone old school with 18" wheels with more rubber on the sidewalls of the tires.

I don't know your age, but there is a neighbor here that put 22" wheels on his Camaro. He is a younger fellow, and I got to say, it doesn't look bad....Until you see there is only maybe 2" of rubber between the rim and the road. That Camaro must knock your fillings out of your teeth if you ride in it.

Reactions: Rg21044

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are what peaked my interest and caused me to ask the original question.....

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,766 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Those look good trippytro. Have they had any negative impact on ride quality or performance?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Those look good trippytro. Have they had any negative impact on ride quality or performance?
I have since switched to 18’s

Pro’s for 22”:
-They look great
- These cars work great with 22’s imo big body makes the wheels look just right
-Little to no rub. A little trim on the top of the fender liner to eliminate rub under load, other then than i was able to go full lock both ways with 0 rub
-Even if you are lowered on 22’s, you will be pretty high off the ground which is nice for clearance.

Cons:

-Big wheel takes a lot of steering to get around.
-Curbing the damn wheels.
-Large diameter wheels with a narrow profile (i think i was running 275/35 and 305/35) are very prone to getting a bend in the barrel if you abuse them, cant drive wild. My wheels were rotary forged and still managed to bend one wheel.

In the end i switched to 18’s for performance driving, and moved away from the show scene. Still love the look of my old wheels and if you’re not doing any kind of performance drivin, these cars work well with 22’s

Not sure why my picutres are coming out funny tapatalk is only showing half the picture to me

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have 265/35/22 on the front and 295/30/22 on the rear. I like the look.

Reactions: Rg21044

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
357 Posts
Yes all day
I have 265-35-22 in the front and 295-30-22 in rear
Looks like a rough ride to me. Looks ok though but think ill stick to 20" just because of the ride. Beautiful B5 BTW.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts