1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my Challenger Rt into the dealership for some work
on the 6 speed trans for monday.

I pulled the car next to the 2011 Hemi silver Charger

So comparing them side by side I still think the Challenger is still a MUCH hotttter car then the Charger.MSRP 32,000
The Charger comes with Cloth seats and the inside still didnot impress me....
The exterior still looks very blanddddd.............JQ

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I pulled my Challenger Rt into the dealership for some work
on the 6 speed trans for monday.

I pulled the car next to the 2011 Hemi silver Charger

So comparing them side by side I still think the Challenger is still a MUCH hotttter car then the Charger.MSRP 32,000
The Charger comes with Cloth seats and the inside still didnot impress me....
The exterior still looks very blanddddd.............JQ
I dig the new Charger. There was a hemi AWD model, nicely equipped for $30k out the door. that's not bad in my book.

If I needed a 4 door hot rod, I would look seriously at the Charger.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Charger if you need a four door. Challenger for two.

I was really hoping the Charger would have been much more aggressive in its styling. It's not bad, but they could have pushed it a lot further to look more like the original series.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Both are beautiful cars, and very similar in some ways. I figured I would have less regret buying the Challenger, as opposed to the Charger. If I bought the Charger I would of been kicking myself because the Challenger looks PERFECT!

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I'm not biased towards any particular model or brand, which upsets some forum members. :shrug03: Having said that, I was driving home from work in rush-hour traffic several days ago, when a lane over & about a half dozen cars ahead, I spotted a car that looked different. As I got a little closer, I noticed the tail-light treatment & knew it was a new Charger. I must say, it looks like a beast & very much stands out from the crowd. Chrysler/Dodge is winning the design war hands down & I hope that winning the reliability war will follow. We'll see what Fiat holds for the future, but my fear is that designs may eventually trend from distinctly American to standard European.

·
Premium Member
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only cool thing maybe was the rear lights
The new doors did nothing
The front Grill still did nothing
and the interior as I said was bland
The wheels did nothing for me again.

I would be pick the Challenger without a problem
I see that the Challenger had a hottter front grill area where as the
charger didnot
Yes both the Challenger and the Charger both have cloth seats butttt
the charger interior does nothing for me except the radio area and
the 5 speed auto trans kinda looks cheap(it needs a 6 speed manual and I would still not buy it lol}...........................................JQ

·
Registered
466 Posts
The new Charger to me looks great BELOW the beltline, which is where all the "retro" styling is, but the greenhouse looks like dozens of other cars on the road now, with its "Hoffmeister kink" on the rear doors and fastback roofline. All in all, still a good-looking car and a much bolder design than, say, a Pontiac G8 or a (yawn) Chevy Impala.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Old or new, Challengers have always outdone Chargers in the looks department. Never even considered buying a Charger. When the Challengers came out in 2008 my interest was peaked immediately. Not that I think Chargers are a bad looking car. I like them better than Mustangs. Of course I like Chrysler 300 better too....ha ha.

Fact is I put my money down on a Challenger. So did most here....not much else needs to be said......:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i thought i read somewhere that the 2011 Charger RT is FASTER than the Challenger RT when it was tested

im not thrilled about the looks...at a glance it looks almost the same as the 2010 version...the interior is nice and id be happy with it, but it doesnt have the 'wow' factor..just a nice/decent looking interior...

no dramatic colors offered or special edition super bee....id waituntil 2012 for the SRT version

·
Registered
864 Posts
I dig the new Charger. There was a hemi AWD model, nicely equipped for $30k out the door. that's not bad in my book.

If I needed a 4 door hot rod, I would look seriously at the Charger.
No such thing..

They look worse in person IMO

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
I like both. It's okay to like both, right?

NO! Not on this forum.....you need to delete your post.....ha ha ha.....:bigthumb:.

No doubt you can like them both...BUT it looks like to me that you do have a preference. Shhhhhshhh.......its the one youre paying for and driving....:thumbsup:

My guess is you like the Challenger better. RIGHT?

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
NO! Not on this forum.....you need to delete your post.....ha ha ha.....:bigthumb:.

No doubt you can like them both...BUT it looks like to me that you do have a preference. Shhhhhshhh.......its the one youre paying for and driving....:thumbsup:

My guess is you like the Challenger better. RIGHT?
It was a tough choice, actually. I had a Charger since 2005 and I love the new Charger in Toxic Orange. I chose the Challenger because I thought a change would be nice, plus I don't "need" four doors anymore. The kids are all old enough to crawl in and out on their own. So at this point, number of doors are not a determining factor.
Two door, four door, either is okay with me. (I hope that didn't offend anyone) ;)

Regardless, I am loving the Challenger.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts