Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Challenger has outsold the Mustang through the first nine months of 2021 and is poised to end the pony car's six-year best selling streak.

It was trailing the Mustang by 1,082 U.S. deliveries at the half-year mark, but has pulled out to a commanding 44,142 to 41,065 lead heading into the final stretch.

Both both cars will outsell the Camaro, which has only sold 15,084 models, so far this year.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
27,275 Posts
I guess it's a Mustang if this is a burger
Food Sandwich Bun Recipe Staple food

A Guy

·
Registered
68 Posts
yikes, only 15k camaros?! I guess this is what happens when you bring back the original styling and looks that everyone liked the original for and then dont mess with a good thing...yay mopar!! Something chevy and ford especially dont seem to understand.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
559 Posts
The only reason Mustang keeps selling so many is their owners keep crashing those suckers and then buying new ones afterwards. Its a vicious cycle.

·
Super Moderator
17,315 Posts
yikes, only 15k camaros?! I guess this is what happens when you bring back the original styling and looks that everyone liked the original for and then dont mess with a good thing...yay mopar!! Something chevy and ford especially dont seem to understand.
GM had 50% of the market share back in the 60s - since 2016, its 17% - its takes dedicated effort to drag a business that far down.

Poor QC, indifferent customer service, and not paying attention to the market place.

its no surprise that the Camaro has sold progressively worse - their redesign in 2016 took the shortcomings the previous models had and made them more so, claiming "the customer didn't have that concern".
- except this ignored any future, new buyers that weren't overlooking those issues (space, comfort, utility)

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
722 Posts
The only reason Mustang keeps selling so many is their owners keep crashing those suckers and then buying new ones afterwards. Its a vicious cycle.
My question is: Do crowds cause Mustang crashes, or do Mustang crashes cause crowds? Or maybe they are caused by video cameras being near to capture the action.

·
Registered
559 Posts
My question is: Do crowds cause Mustang crashes, or do Mustang crashes cause crowds? Or maybe they are caused by video cameras being near to capture the action.
That, my friend is the question of the year. 🤔

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
27,275 Posts
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Hood

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 392 M6
77 Posts
I had a 2016 camaro 2ss, it was a much better sports car than my 2013 2ss but the build quality was 5x worse. The service departments near me have to be the absolute worst too. That's why I decided to not buy another one.

The scat pack is better in almost every way compared to the camaro I had, except for gas mileage. More hp, better sounding exhaust and it looks way better than the new camaros. Plus it didn't sound like a bucket of bolts on my way home from the dealership.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I wonder if rental companies are not buying so many Mustang convertibles because less people are traveling. Just shows that a full size coupe is still in demand and pony cars are a tougher sell because of all the compromises.

It's honestly shocking how great the Challenger is doing because typically a coupe that is bought for styling first has about a 4 year run before it gets stale and starts slipping so the manufacturers need to give it a face lift. Then another 3 years later and it needs an entire new look.

The Challengers styling is spot on but there's more to it than that. I think that they landed in the sweet spot for coupes. While everyone who doesn't own one lauds the size and weight the people that own them love that they are not tiny cramped "sports cars" that come with tons of compromises.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts

If they had left it like this…
I snapped this last week in the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn, Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Sighs.... How far it has fallen since the 429 Boss edition. :rolleyes:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Agreed. I was referring to the EV Mustang.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Agreed. I was referring to the EV Mustang.
Those cars shouldn’t even be considered Mustangs. I have a buddy at work who owns one and love it and is trying to get it to 600HP

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
992 Posts
I am amazed that a car released in 2008 with relatively minor changes in the subsequent 14 years grows its following and sales margin over it's competetors year after year. That in spite of the competitors sometimes radical redesigns. I really can't think of any other automobile with a similar accomplishment in the history of automobiles.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts