Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my 2019 Challenger R/T which I have owned since last August. I also own a 2017 Ram 1500 R/T and have owned Ram trucks over the last 20 years. These products just keep getting better and better every year (y). I do have a few pet peeves that are common to both vehicles that I wonder what other folks think.

1) Why are the windows automatic only in the down mode? Up requires you to hold the button. It doesn't make sense and inconvenient in the rain. The cost for that functionality can't be a big deal. Even cheap rental cars from other brands have that functionality.
2) Why is the seat cooling setting on the passenger seat not remembered from previous use (after starting the car)? My car has vented seats. The setting for the passenger seat is never remembered.
3) My car has all of the electronics packages. Why are the warnings (parking, collision avoidance, etc) so loud? And why is there no lower tone setting? and why is it so sensitive? I've resorted to disabling park assist because it is too annoying.
4) Why do dealers not carry Sunroof cars in stock (at least not in the South Florida area)? I ended up having to do a custom order and wait forever just because I couldn't find a new one in stock.
5) When ordering a new Challenger, why is there no status provided on delivery even after it has left the factory? Cars that I have ordered from other manufacturers provide more detailed status and estimated delivery time lines. My dealer could not give me any updates on the status of the car until it was built and then no info on when it would be delivered until the day it showed up to the dealership.

Another comment on ordering my Challenger, the way that packages are set up when you order a car are rather limited. Dodge could improve profitability if it provided more a-la-carte order options were available and I bet that more customers may be willing to custom order a vehicle than take something off the dealer lot that was order to how a manager in the dealership thinks sells best.

-Luigi

·
Registered
957 Posts
2) Why is the seat cooling setting on the passenger seat not remembered from previous use (after starting the car)? My car has vented seats. The setting for the passenger seat is never remembered.

4) Why do dealers not carry Sunroof cars in stock (at least not in the South Florida area)? I ended up having to do a custom order and wait forever just because I couldn't find a new one in stock.

5) When ordering a new Challenger, why is there no status provided on delivery even after it has left the factory? Cars that I have ordered from other manufacturers provide more detailed status and estimated delivery time lines. My dealer could not give me any updates on the status of the car until it was built and then no info on when it would be delivered until the day it showed up to the dealership.

-Luigi
2. Driver's seat isn't saved either. It always defaults to low, even though it was on HI when I turned the car off.

4. They sort of do. I bought my current Challenger in Orlando, last September, and it has a sunroof. Was on the lot of about 6 months before I bought it.

5. The answer to that is simple. Once it leaves the factory, a third party takes over transporting them and not FCA. The dealer should be able to track it until it's built, then when it's delivered.

EDIT: There used to be a FCA website to track your vehicle, but that was canned I think about 2014. Jeepgarage.com also provided vehicle tracking, but FCA put a stop to that as well.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime R/T Blacktop
60 Posts
I am with you on the park assist. I don’t like the fact it turns the radio off and it is super sensitive. I may appreciate it one day but backing into my garage drives me nuts.

Not sure I have any others...

·
Registered
957 Posts
I am with you on the park assist. I don’t like the fact it turns the radio off and it is super sensitive. I may appreciate it one day but backing into my garage drives me nuts.

Not sure I have any others...
Mine doesn't turn my radio off. It just lowers the volume some, but I agree with you about it being super sensitive and backing into my garage.

·
Registered
122 Posts
"Default" radio input choices, or order. If I was listening to bluetooth before I got out, wait for it to re-attach!
Trunk lining floor wings collapsing after light use, like regular groceries. Looks horrible.
Twilight-ish dash lighting control, really need a sensor for outside light AND inside light for dark days.
Shorten switch debounce and count gears shifts, don't just ignore them. After a short learning period, I know how many downshifts I want, or how many "menu downs" I need to get to where I want. I hate having to wait out a timer to go down in menu or gears. 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, etc. - my hands have other things to do!

And as a feature, 3 widely spaced, assignable buttons on the shifter, as the hand/fingers lie, for manual, sport, and mute for instance. My hand leaves, and hunts around to find switches, and returns - why not just there?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I wish the scat pack came with wider tires, but I know they are going cheap and trying to get better fuel mileage.
'275's minimum would have been nice. I really like my Challenger, can't complain.
It sounds very nice going down the highway.
Parrott

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I agree about the auto-up window feature. Can’t imagine that it would cost any more to include it. The technology has been available for years. I would also prefer the steering wheel radio volume control be on the left rather than the right. It’s currently placed just inches from the actual radio button. No real sense in that. Since mine is an MT, my left hand is on the wheel a majority of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
284 Posts
You can adjust the volume of the park assist, but even with it all the way down I thought it was too loud and turned it off.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I would also prefer the steering wheel radio volume control be on the left rather than the right. It’s currently placed just inches from the actual radio button. No real sense in that. Since mine is an MT, my left hand is on the wheel a majority of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would prefer it on the left side of the wheel as well, but only because I'm left handed. My guess is they put it there, as most people are right handed and or because MT is only a small portion of their vehicles.

·
Registered
Ordered 02/20/2020 - 2020 1320
134 Posts
I would prefer it on the left side of the wheel as well, but only because I'm left handed. My guess is they put it there, as most people are right handed and or because MT is only a small portion of their vehicles.
I disagree, but only because that's the same layout of those buttons for YEARS! I think it goes all the way back to the 90's. I know my 2002 Ram had the exact same steering wheel controls and I LOVE The fact that they still use the same style and layout, and across all the vehicles (it's been in my last 2 Rams, Avenger, and Caravan). So if they changed it up now I'd be lost lol. I've been using these buttons with this layout for 18 years now....

...well actually 17 years and 360 days. Got my 02 Ram on May 17th 2002

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
When I got my 2016, every Scat Pack around (Saskatchewan/ Western Canada) had a sunroof. I had to special order my car to get one without. What a problem to have.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Power retractable sun-screen for rear window.
That would be awesome
Parrott

·
Registered
957 Posts
I disagree, but only because that's the same layout of those buttons for YEARS! I think it goes all the way back to the 90's. I know my 2002 Ram had the exact same steering wheel controls and I LOVE The fact that they still use the same style and layout, and across all the vehicles (it's been in my last 2 Rams, Avenger, and Caravan). So if they changed it up now I'd be lost lol. I've been using these buttons with this layout for 18 years now....

...well actually 17 years and 360 days. Got my 02 Ram on May 17th 2002
My first car with steering wheel controls was a 2004 Pontiac grand Prix, which was automatic only. Right hand side , but on the front of the wheel. I still stand by my opinion on why they're on the right side.

I don't think I've ever seen radio controls on the left hand side of any vehicle, that I've been in.

·
Registered
Ordered 02/20/2020 - 2020 1320
134 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen radio controls on the left hand side of any vehicle, that I've been in.
Are we talking about the same buttons or just the volume? Because there's buttons on both sides of the wheel

·
Registered
957 Posts
Are we talking about the same buttons or just the volume? Because there's buttons on both sides of the wheel
I only use the volume controls on the wheel. For channels, it's much faster for me to press a preset button on the screen. I only listen to Octane ( main station ), Lithium, and Hair nation.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
276 Posts
Doesn't make any difference to me. Challenger volume is on the right, the other car it's on the left.
They are where they are....I've adapted well.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,008 Posts

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,008 Posts
I only use the volume controls on the wheel. For channels, it's much faster for me to press a preset button on the screen. I only listen to Octane ( main station ), Lithium, and Hair nation.
You do know Ch# 27 is currently the Led Zeppelin channel?? :D

A Guy

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Could be FCA doesn't want the window going up automatically as it may result in an injury before the sensor, if working, would realize the window was compressing someone's neck. How many times do we hear of various sensors going bad (as in O2 sensors to name just one)?

My biggest pet peeve, and I'm serious, is, "Hey, I like your Charger. Nice car."

1 - 20 of 74 Posts