Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,397 Posts
t
I could have sworn my 16 Scatpack had the shift light.
the Shift light is only on the SRT models when the SRT Performance Pages was std from '19 onward on models with 8.4 uConnect, then the shift light was available

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I wish I had all of this to read back in 2015 - 2017, I would have Never bought 3 Challengers in that time frame.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My one peeve....

The weight of the truck lid....
What in the f**k is that all about....

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,477 Posts
Huh?

·
Registered
939 Posts
I don't get the desire for a power passenger seat on a coupe. I had that on my GTO and it sucks especially if it's raining. With non power it is way quicker to lean the seat forward and slide it immediately all the way forward for super quick access to the back seat.
Absolutely... Not that there are that many time my back seat gets used but i cannot imagine using a power seat to get someone in the back. It would take forever. Maybe if it had seat memory with a rear exit button.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
636 Posts
My largest complaint is the 245 tires. They are inadequate for a performance car with 485 HP weighing over 4000 lbs. 2nd complaint is lack of auto up windows, many other FCA vehicles including my Ram have this feature. Don't think either of these improvements would be expensive for FCA to fix. Last complaint is poor coating/rust prevention on suspension components. While mine has only minor rust I have seen others that are really ugly. Don't know what it would cost to improve suspension part coating but it may be costly.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My largest complaint is the 245 tires. They are inadequate for a performance car with 485 HP weighing over 4000 lbs. 2nd complaint is lack of auto up windows, many other FCA vehicles including my Ram have this feature. Don't think either of these improvements would be expensive for FCA to fix. Last complaint is poor coating/rust prevention on suspension components. While mine has only minor rust I have seen others that are really ugly. Don't know what it would cost to improve suspension part coating but it may be costly.
I agree with this. They should come standard with 275's, but then the price of the Dynamics package should see a decrease in price since the only thing that would add would be the 6 piston front brakes & wheels.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,605 Posts
Looking at your list, my guess is the differences are because 2 doors vs 4 doors. (see notes in bold in your quoted text). Some of those complaints sound like you just prefer a 4 door car. (not trying to be argumentative, just pointing out some fact.)
A couple of them, yes, but only really the passenger seat moving, and maybe heated rears. I agree with the passenger front seat needing to slide easily, but I like power recline, and they shold have it on driver, and could have done it on both sides, with a release for rear seat entry. And memory as well, and the power pedals, and adaptive cruise to a stop, only on Charger, makes no sense. Some of it was only on the 300, then they put it on highly optioned Chargers, so maybe they did it so they have 1 harness for both of them?
Again, not knocking the Challenger, and if I didn't come from a comparably equipped Charger I wouldn't notice most of them. I'm not saying they should have designed it different, but they already did, they have the parts, just put them on the car. I think the options are even the same price on the Charger (not sure though).
I also like how the Charger trunk opens fully with keyfob, not sure I mentioned that.
Challenger's 2 biggest features over a Charger are M6 and SHAKER.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Unfortunately, most of the complaints in here would only make our beloved (not so) little piggies, well, even piggier, so there is that ;)

·
Super Moderator
15,397 Posts
My one peeve....

The weight of the truck lid....
What in the f**k is that all about....
its the spoiler - it adds weight at the very end, plus that center tail light bar weighs some as well

·
Registered
38 Posts
Couple of things, every time you shut the car off the cruise control also shuts off so you gotta turn it back on again.

I use auxiliary output as my music source but the smartphone stops that when I plug it in to use Waze maps for GPS and you gotta get out of the phone screen and reset the audio source (but I also just found that if you take the aux cord out and plug it back in it'll go back to aux audio). Maybe this can be a mod as some buttons look like it could be installed on the steering wheel is a volume control. I liked the Toyota Corolla loaner I had driven that you can control volume and switch tracks.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts