Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Which powertrain would you purchase?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note: DCX is seeking consumer opinions for further evaluation of the future of the Challenger concept car. Options and prices shown are for directional guidance only and do not represent any final pricing in the event that the Challenger concept reaches production.

Please choose the Powertrain you would purchase in your new Dodge Challenger from the six options below:

NOTE: IF YOU CHOOSE A MANUAL TRANSMISSION POWERTRAIN BE SURE TO COMPLETE POLL #2 HERE: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261

·
Registered
114 Posts
built it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
build it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
build iiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Kudos to Challengertalk.com for being chosen by DCX for this "challenge"! :D

This willingness to hear what true enthusiasts have to say, rather than just the insiders in the back room, is not only an honor, but looks like a very positive "next step".

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmm, I voted for the 350hp/6spd, but I'd take the 425hp/6spd, if the only true difference in price was $800 (as the poll suggests).

Unfortunately, in today's automotive industry, I cannot opt for a nice big engine and a cloth interior. I know that selecting the 425 Hemi would also probably mean selecting ridiculous addons such as rear seat DVD, genuine dead cow skin, 20" chrome polished high-maintenance rims and heated mirrors, seats, washer fluid, etc.

If I could have just one wish, it would be to do away with the current giant price markups in the packaging system of cars, and let me get the performance I want without the luxury. If I want a luxury car, I'll buy a Cadillac or a Mercedes.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
This is a really good sign if DCX is contacting the site, but I sure hope they realize this is a site full of mopar enthusiasts and many will want the bigger engines over the V6. This poll should really be all over the place and not just here so it can get to the regular car buyer too.

ps admins-i hope its ok that i posted this under the thread in the news section too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, Build it, :)

...and add a 6.4L Hemi if you can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I say keep it exactly how it looks.Carbon fiber hood and all.I love that thing and would gladly sell both my srt's to get one.Speeking of which are there any plans on a SRT-8 challenger if it does go to production?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Build it!

Build it with a set of pipes then when I turn her over in the morning my neighbor's windows will rattle!:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
i voted for the 425hp with 6spd, i'm 20 and saving up now... but i think the v6 model would be invaluable especially for the younger crowd, such as myself who didn't have the benefit of having saved for 2 years before they build it, and don't forget about insurance costs for someone my age with a car like that. on second thought though i don't want to see a million of these on the road like i do with the new mustang, perhaps make the 5.7 a little cheaper??

p.s. epoch is that a rickenbacker?

T
0 Posts
425HP with the hog leg baby!!!!!!
An optional 475HP or 500HP for the SRT lineup to compete with the GT500.

Just keep the body looking the same, interior same, current wheels could be smaller, but maintain the power train platform is a must.

·
Registered
136 Posts
As I have been reading for the past couple of months, it seems to be a no brainer to offer the same options that are available with the Mustang, i.e. V-6, V-8, standard transmission, convertible etc...
I can't see how this vehicle will not make it into production and if and when it does, how will it not sell? I have only been excited about the concepts of two cars in the past 20 years, the '05 Mustang and this Challenger concept. I bought the Mustang and I am serious about buying this Challenger. God Bless America!

1 - 20 of 201 Posts