Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to contact Dodge in order to find out information on my Yellow Jacket?
I'd like to find out what number mine is out of the sum that were made in 2012.

Thanks.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Internet and web info may be different in 2012 vs more recent. Another member here told me (us) that there were 524 PCP Challengers made in 2016 model year that were V6 SXT.

So he is one of 524 and I'm two of 524 (because he got his car first).

IIRC, that info came from another member here.

That does not answer your questions, but may be can help lead to it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just looked it up. 1 of 524 PCP V6 memeber's name is MEKrunner.

MEKrunner, do you recall where you first saw that info? This was a few years ago. Maybe that could give OP a lead to find out for his car.

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
Just looked it up. 1 of 524 PCP V6 memeber's name is MEKrunner.

MEKrunner, do you recall where you first saw that info? This was a few years ago. Maybe that could give OP a lead to find out for his car.
My friend who works at a Dodge dealership in Alberta Canada sent me that info. I'm not sure where that would be available to the public online.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You can contact dodge via their website. Look for a spot where you can email them .Give them your vin number and the will send you a print out of when car was built, options and how many cars were made with your options. They can not give you an number of when your car was built but with digging you can get an idea of what number range it might be. Good luck and let us know how it works out

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,551 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Whatever the number, just know your modern day Challenger is not “rare.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Whatever the number, just know your modern day Challenger is not “rare.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As I said in my post the number of Challengers like mine,is not concern to me.
I know it’s not Rare . I did not buy it for and investment. I bought it to drive and enjoy It was just a fun fact for my own interest. And passing on the
site where to fine out the information IMO might be of interest to others here

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
As I said in my post the number of Challengers like mine,is not concern to me.
I know it’s not Rare . I did not buy it for and investment. I bought it to drive and enjoy It was just a fun fact for my own interest. And passing on the
site where to fine out the information IMO might be of interest to others here
I got mine from PLMCRZY (at) usa (dot) net. Mine was a special order (had a combination of options that were not typical.....red-leather with sun-roof, with premium sound...etc...

I too did it just because I was interested, and in the 5 plus years of driving it, I'd never seen another one exactly like it. Either the wheels were different, or the interior color was different, or the transmission, or the color of the R/T stripe.

Mine ended up being 1 of 13 ever made and 1 of 6 sold in the U.S. Means nothing to the value, but I did use it as a selling point that the buyer would probably never see an exact twin.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
I got mine from PLMCRZY (at) usa (dot) net. Mine was a special order (had a combination of options that were not typical.....red-leather with sun-roof, with premium sound...etc...

I too did it just because I was interested, and in the 5 plus years of driving it, I'd never seen another one exactly like it. Either the wheels were different, or the interior color was different, or the transmission, or the color of the R/T stripe.

Mine ended up being 1 of 13 ever made and 1 of 6 sold in the U.S. Means nothing to the value, but I did use it as a selling point that the buyer would probably never see an exact twin.
Must of been hard to part with , sounds like someone landed a great ride .

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Must of been hard to part with , sounds like someone landed a great ride .
I miss my Challenger every day. Always wanted a black car with Red leather, and this one was everything I wanted it to be, for 5 1/2 years. However, I needed some quick cash to fund my wife's start-up non-profit organization, so I sold it. Fast forward 7-8 months, and I'm in the market for a 4-door LX platform car (Charger or 300). Even though it will never look as cool as a Challenger, it will be the same underneath, and when I'm driving it, it will be a Challenger (in my mind).

·
Registered
968 Posts
I miss my Challenger every day.
Hmm... Didn't you just recently post how much you *didn't* miss the Challenger - and how all of the ones you saw on the road looked old and outdated - and that you found that you didn't miss it afterall??

Have a change of heart?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Hmm... Didn't you just recently post how much you *didn't* miss the Challenger - and how all of the ones you saw on the road looked old and outdated - and that you found that you didn't miss it afterall??

Have a change of heart?
I miss driving it and how it felt when I mashed the pedal or dove into a curve. I don't miss the stale styling, stiff ride, and (it was black), washing it all the time.

I need the 4 doors, so I'm looking forward to an uglier-than-pig-butt Dodge Pursuit or Chrysler 300....once I find the right deal. If I get a Pursuit, I'll put a Rhino brush guard on to deflect varmints and hippies and to hide that hideous front-end design. If I get a 300, I'll just live with the uglieness. If I fond one with AWD, then I just drive it more in the bad weather. But underneath, I'll have the 5.7 HEMI, and 5AT that I love. I don't give a rip what other people see when they look at it, but when I drive it, it will feel like my old Challenger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
K-Dawg
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing