Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motorious reports a shortage of semiconductors/microchips will result in different car companies slowing/halting production of some models: More specifically, production of the Dodge Challenger and Charger, as well as the Chrysler 300, will be idled through the end of February.

Here's the link to the Yahoo article: https://www.yahoo.com/autos/muscle-car-production-ceases-thanks-233000128.html

I've not read this elsewhere so can't confirm the information.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to last week. 馃榿
Sorry, I have another life and am not here daily. I took a quick look and didn't see anything about this. I'll go back to last week and look to see what I missed. (y)

Reactions: A Guy

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
No sorry for having a life ;) Thanks for sharing

A Guy

Premium Member
Sorry, I have another life and am not here daily. I took a quick look and didn't see anything about this. I'll go back to last week and look to see what I missed. (y)
Enjoy whatever fills your time! I couldn鈥檛 imagine having an order in now and then this comes into play.

Registered
Wait a minute. The first article last week said end of January, this article says end of February!! Seriously? That's 2 months!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat pack
anybody notice with the 2021 scatpacks there are no back stripes鈥漢ockey stick鈥
Vinyl wrap on the trunk of the car?

Registered
It鈥檚 1970 again only worse. The government will again ruin muscle cars this is only the beginning. Glad I鈥檝e got mine.

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
Every other story still says end of January

A Guy

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop

Registered
It鈥檚 1970 again only worse. The government will again ruin muscle cars this is only the beginning. Glad I鈥檝e got mine.
This has nothing to do with governments ruining muscle cars. Several OEM's have been impacted, Honda, for instance, is scaling back production by over 60% at some of their facilities due to the microchip/semiconductor shortage, and believe me, as someone that is currently working in the automotive manufacturing industry, demand is HUGE right now. Automotive demand has come back with a vengeance across nearly the entire industry and our suppliers are having a difficult time catching up and keeping up.

Super Moderator

Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
Well, Brampton has to retool in able to manufacture the long awaited 'Cuda to be sold beginning March. There, I said it! Not true, but I said it just the same.:whistle:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Golfnut , based on your name, I figure you may have heard of this? Local guy

A Guy
OMG!!! No, I had not seen that. When I had read just the headline I thought there was no way someone aced a par 5. I never considered a par 6 hole as they are extremely rare. Thanks for the link. (y)

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
His first shot took several bounces on the cart path, went some 500'. 2nd shot was just a great shot

A Guy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts