Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My R/T sleeper may totaled, waiting on the word from insurance company, RF frame rail bent. Was told more than likely it will be a total loss due to that.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back is a little messed up but thankfully no broken bones

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Wow... Yeah, I'd say that is a total loss for sure. What happened? I'm assuming everyone was ok?

EDIT: Cross-posted... Any airbag deployment?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Driver of other vehicle did not see me and pulled right out in front of me causing me to tbone him in the driver side front door. Everyone was able to walk away, just dealing with some hip/back pain now. No airbag deployment which I am actually thankfull for in this case.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have been trying to locate receipts on short block and supercharger but only coming up with packing slips. Have been trying to get a hold of speedlogix for the supercharger paperwork but can't get anyone there to answer or respond back.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,647 Posts
Have been trying to locate receipts on short block and supercharger but only coming up with packing slips. Have been trying to get a hold of speedlogix for the supercharger paperwork but can't get anyone there to answer or respond back.
Pull the S/C and short block for use in your next one.

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,299 Posts
Chad,
1st, glad that no one was seriously injured.
2nd. Sorry about the R/T, but it can be replaced.
finally, - go see your doc.
Often times injuries (such as back,neck,whiplash, etc) can be hidden for a day or so, then come on full force. Going to your doc now, to get checked out is also benificial if you need file an insurance claim to cover any possible medical issues that may arise later.
good luck.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I am so sorry this happened to you bud! I hate to look at those pics....glad you are ok. Hopefully you can get a good settlement and maybe have another R/T soon! Praying for you brother!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,732 Posts
Sorry to see that :( I agree with seeing your doctor. Soft tissue injuries can be an issue. In any case, they may have a better way to heal from it than just "toughing it out" (guilty).

A Guy

·
Registered
203 Posts
We will probably see this car in the future on Coparts web sight and maybe one of the many YouTube rebuilders will get it and show us how they rebuild it. It is probably technically totaled due to the frame damage but I have watched several guys rebuild Challengers that were much worse. You do get a rebuilt title though in the end, depending on the state. When my Javelin got rear ended a few years back, the impact broke the drivers seat and I had some minor neck pain for a few days. It can't hurt to get checked out.

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
Important question, Who got cited?
First off, good to see that no major injuries resulted in this wreck.

As far as your insurance company goes, do they know that your car was "boosted"??

·
Registered
479 Posts
Driver of other vehicle did not see me and pulled right out in front of me causing me to tbone him in the driver side front door. Everyone was able to walk away, just dealing with some hip/back pain now. No airbag deployment which I am actually thankfull for in this case.

I hope your ok. I was rear ended 30 yrs ago and guess what? still dealing with the herniated and bulging discs from that accident. I hope you can walk it off. You will get another car.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
A front hit like THAT and NO airbag deployment ??????!!!!!!! Something must not have been working in the airbag department. I've seen lower hits with airbags deployed. That ride is a "donor" vehicle now. Hopefully some good parts will live on in other Challengers. This may have been God's way of telling you, its time for a Hell Cat Red Eye.:grin2:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I run dash cams in all 4 of my vehicles. That car will probably get repaired and resold by a flipper if there is enough value left to make it worth while. If it is totaled by the insurance company then they own it. You can not pull the drivetrain for swap unless you buy it back from them. They will still make you surrender your clean title if you chose to keep it and you can have it switched from salvage to rebuilt after an inspection if you fix it. My drivetrain donor for my Hemi Javelin has a salvage title but I did not switch it into my name since they wanted full, undamaged vehicle taxes to swap it. I also recently repaired a truck I chose to keep and repair after it was "totaled".

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Yeah, I too was kind of surprised when he said that there was no airbag deployment. I would have expected there to be based on the pictures.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts