Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Challenger r/t 5 speed automatic 18,00 miles. This has happen twice and i drive the car about 3 times a week. I the morning i start up the car. Let is warm up about 30 seconds. i put in in reverse and it felt like in was in netural. i put on the gas it started backin up slowly out of the driveway. put it in drive kinda did the same thing! That was about 2 weeks ago. Today i backed out kinda felt like it was doing the same thing. Got the the main highway, the coast was clear so took off, I pressed on the gas a the car started moving slowly. Glad that there was nobody commin! It clears up pretty quick. Like when its warmed up. Only in the moring the temp way about 50 degrees when it happens. Not a expert on anything! i hear these transmissions were m/b and could handle 500hp. I don't know how the check the trans fluid. Ya know what it mean! Any sugestions.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
You don't have a dip stick for the trany. I've heard of alot of people doing alot of engine mods and haveing alot more than 500 HP without a problem. It should still be under warranty and if what's wrong isn't most dealers will look at it and tell you what's wrong and if it's not covered how much it would be to fix it and let you decide.

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
If you're the original owner, you have the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. If you have to leave it overnight so they can duplicate the issue when cold, then do so. It doesn't sound normal to me.

Jack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts