Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I am trying to lower my 2010 Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy, However I ran into a issue, 2010 classics have Nivomat which will require me to get coilovers vs lowering springs because lowering spring will not work for Nivomat suspension. As you know coilovers are very pricy prob be more than 1g. But according to Eibach I can get Eibach Spring 2895.140 + Eibach Shocks 2873.840 and it will do the job , they will run up about 700-800 bucks. Not sure which route i should go have anyone else lowered an classic Nivomat before ? And I am new to the car game not sure what the differences by getting a coilover or Eibach Spring 2895.140 + Eibach Shocks 2873.840 . Please advise, thank you very much for your help!!!

2008-2012 Dodge Challenger Body Lowering Kit - Suspension - Eibach Springs, Front and Rear 08-12 Challenger Body Lowering Kit - 29870-03135800 - PartsGeek

2006-2010 Dodge Charger Shock Absorber Assembly Kit - Suspension - Eibach Springs, Front and Rear 06-10 Charger Shock Absorber Assembly Kit - 18598-03135453 - PartsGeek

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Just did my lowering with their sportlines.

Did you actually check the shocks? I thought I had Nivomat on mine as I have a 6-speed with STP. Seems it was a crapshoot on the factory and you may have standard shocks, I had the Bilsteins, here is a shot of before and after of my PCP

Reactions: rumpass

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Just did my lowering with their sportlines.

Did you actually check the shocks? I thought I had Nivomat on mine as I have a 6-speed with STP. Seems it was a crapshoot on the factory and you may have standard shocks, I had the Bilsteins, here is a shot of before and after of my PCP

100% better. Very nice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I lowered my 09 R/T with H&R springs. Check you shocks, if it SACHS it's Nivomat. Mine had I just replaced them with Monroes...

·
Registered
210 Posts
I bought take-off SRT shocks, springs and struts off eBay for around $300. My Nivomats are now resting comfortably in the landfill.

·
Vendor
12,745 Posts
Hey Guys,

I am trying to lower my 2010 Challenger R/T Classic Plum Crazy, However I ran into a issue, 2010 classics have Nivomat which will require me to get coilovers vs lowering springs because lowering spring will not work for Nivomat suspension. As you know coilovers are very pricy prob be more than 1g. But according to Eibach I can get Eibach Spring 2895.140 + Eibach Shocks 2873.840 and it will do the job , they will run up about 700-800 bucks. Not sure which route i should go have anyone else lowered an classic Nivomat before ? And I am new to the car game not sure what the differences by getting a coilover or Eibach Spring 2895.140 + Eibach Shocks 2873.840 . Please advise, thank you very much for your help!!!

what!!!!
you can install mopar lowering spring, stage ones with Nivomats, as long as their not the load levelling, simply look at your rear shocks, are they 2.5 to 3 inches in diameter, if so install the spring, if not, for less than 150.00 replace the two rear shocks
Luke

·
Registered
953 Posts
When I lowered my 10 R/T with nivomats I just replaced my shocks with a set from Summit. Cant remember the brand but it was not very expensive at all. May have been monroes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts