Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,645 Posts
Oh c'mon, it just needs some new wheels...

A Guy

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Wow really? People own a certain car because they are more feminine or masculine? I thought it was because it was what they liked and could afford. Maybe certain cars are used to mask someone who is over compensating for a lack of masculinity.

It is kinda silly, isn't it? I also thought it was about what an individual liked within his budget. My R/T is fast, the factory claims it has a top speed of around 160mph, that's fast. Now, being a 4000lb car with "only" 375hp/410ft-lbs of tq it will take it much longer to get there then someones 700+hp supercharged Hellcat, but it's still fast.

I can take my "fast" R/T out anytime and put a grin on my face by the time I hit 4th gear and still only be doing 40mph.

I met a guy just yesterday driving a '15 Challenger SXT, he had done things to make it his own that I would never do, but he didn't know that. I told him how nice it was and was glad he was having fun with his "fast" car, must be, as he's already had 2 speeding tickets.

My point is that fast is relative, and not everyone, in fact, very few of us can afford a Hellcat. We should be happy that Dodge makes several levels of this beautiful car so lots of us can enjoy them.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,637 Posts
Oh c'mon, it just needs some new wheels...

A Guy
OMG...I can't believe stuff like this exists in the world?! What kind of place sells such a thing...Dixie Wheel & Rubber Tire? Would have been perfect if the owner would have put white wall Goodyears on those wheels. Figures that the center cup is missing. :wink3:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Wow that escalated fast.

Dude carries a derringer as a PDW/CCW. Take his comments on masculinity with a grain of salt.

I'm a little creeped out that you memorized my CCW. Do you think of me often? What color underwear do you think I'm wearing?

My Bond Arms Century 2000 is normally loaded with 45 LC 250gr. cartridges but sometime has 3-inch Magnum .410 rifled slugs, or 3" Magnum .410 000 Buck shot....That's five 30 caliber projectiles with each pull of the trigger. Which means I can put ten 30 caliber holes in a bad guy significantly quicker than any 5+1 or 7+1 compact 9mm or .380. I can shoot twice, reload and shoot two more in 6 1/2 seconds. If someone put 20 holes in a life-size target at 7 yards with a compact semi-auto pistol, I'd like to see it.

Also has no moving parts to jam, and no slide bite.

.45 LC will poke a hole in a car windshield and angles .9mm won't penetrate.

Terrible choice of CCW? I'll take my chanced with my double-barrel hand cannon, over a semi-auto pea-shooter.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Fudd lore. Glad you read the brochure. Shame you trust your life to bad info.

Best of luck to you.

Come back when you get a "manly" car again.

Edit: I'll throw you a bone; it would be a wonderful BUG after all reasonable options were exhausted.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
OMG...I can't believe stuff like this exists in the world?! What kind of place sells such a thing...Dixie Wheel & Rubber Tire? Would have been perfect if the owner would have put white wall Goodyears on those wheels. Figures that the center cup is missing. :wink3:
If the missing center cup isn't in tentional ;) I can only imagine what the center cup is an image of!!! :0

·
Registered
522 Posts

It isn't just the car world either...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I'd respect a Honda that could outrun me...but it will never look as cool

A Guy
Back in 1985 I bought a new Honda CRX with 5 spd. transmission. Car was very light and fun to drive. (total different kind of feeling) Got 30 MPG in the city.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,645 Posts
@A Guy your a funny fella lol
You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f'd up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to f'n amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

A Guy >:)

·
Registered
531 Posts
You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f'd up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to f'n amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Like a good sense of humor lol,

I don't know you personally but did I offend you? Wasn't my intention I was going to quote the dick mobile haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
536 Posts

I love that movie!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,645 Posts
With a nickname of Dom...Dominick? If you actually didn't get that, you need to stop what you are doing right now, get up, go to your Challenger, and go get a copy of Goodfellas, and watch it!

A Guy

·
Registered
531 Posts

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Lol...

·
Premium Member
4,766 Posts
At the risk of putting too fine a point on it, I would like to reiterate that whether or not the 5.7L is fast or slow is truly relative. For me, the 5.7L is a blazing speed demon.

Now, I understand that there are some folks out there who believe the 5.7L isn't anything to get excited over. And it is these same people that no doubt take the position that the 5.7L is in fact "slow" or otherwise anemic with its power output. To those folks, I would say, "You think you know 'slow', but you don't know slow. THIS is slow:"
Stump Pulling Monster.jpg

That there is 3.5 liters of drag-ass. It brought a whopping 250 HP to the dance, and don't even think about lining up against it, as it could bring 250 ft/lb of stump-pulling torque to bear in any drag race.

Stab that puppy in a 4,000 lb car like the Challenger, top it off with 2.86 gears in the rear-end, and you, my friend, could do 0-60mph in a Tuesday!!

If you want to truly know "slow", drive that demon around for a couple years, and THEN slip in behind the 5.7L and see how it feels to leave off the line from a dead stop. If it doesn't give you a case of perma-grin the first time you mash the gas, I'll eat my Sunday hat!! :grin2:

81 - 100 of 108 Posts