Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Challenger race track handling

12135 Views 23 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  O_Racing
My wife and I are shopping for our Dream car, we test drove a charger and really liked it ,our background is in some track days and autocross , and lots of canyon carving . The Challenger has caught our eye we both love the look but haven't test drove one . here is the question
How does this car handle the curves does it need coilovers and sways right away ? what are your driving impressions you autocross road coarse canyon carvers start bragging sell me on this car !!!! Thanks
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,534 Posts
if an SRT, when at the track, swap for some good tires, take some 275 low profile with soft compound; that will fit easy on a 9" stock rim; swap brake fluid, put some brake pads worth of the name (carbotech, hawk, ECB) and drive with an instructor at first

with sport mode on and a good driver with traction control off you can make a lot of guys jealous with your tank

add a REM 4 point tower brace in the front and that car can push >=1g of cornering force easy right there and then

fun, fast but not quick that car given its weight outperforms road handling of a stock M3 or any Merks out there and of course mustangs and camaroz but i did not need to say that it is obvious

buy it and drive it like you stole it meaning 3.5k to 6.5k rpm at all times or the magic power band

Cheers

ODP

· Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,534 Posts
i say Go Luc, Go Luc, Go Luc... rev matching is for the aspiring HPDE driver who wants more,,,

seems Luc was just having lots of fun with his super powered beast blowing through sunday novice drivers not caring much about the best line possible, apexes, track out and all that jazz

sometimes being on the track does not mean that at all times you need to be doing the exact text book application or running all perfect lines; as long as you keep it safe and predictible for the other drivers

obviously this was an open track day in Germany where they definitely seem not to have the NASA type racing/track day framework we have here

he is just driving sometimes pitching the apex, sometimes going late...but at the end who cares;

ok i don't;

i enjoyed the video months and months ago as in 2012 it was almost the only dodge challenger on youtube on a road course; today we have a Trans am challenger on youtube doing trial laps

that is the best F'ing news in SCCA sanctioned road racing!! period!

2 years later there are a lot more videos; that's what matters to me

Go Luc! Keep the fun and post more if you are listening

ODP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.