Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2012 challenger srt
2,020 Posts
Thanks ,yes we were looking at the srt8 , how do you find the stock challenger/ charger srt8 . what kind of "road course /track list " of improvement would you make ( the nonpowered kind ) (at first anyway ) Lol
I have a 2012 challenger SRT-8. If you buy the SRT and its a 2013 and some if not all 2012s you will get the three mode dampening suspension. I have it on mine and it really stiffens up the suspension. I would buy the car take it out and then decide if and what to do to it. You will also get an SRT Track experience with the New SRT. They take you out to a road course and give you a one day driving lesson. I have been twice and I can tell you the new 2012 and up SRTs handle very well from the factory. So before you spend money on parts you don't need test it for yourself and see.

· Registered
2012 challenger srt
2,020 Posts
I tracked an SRT8 Charger for 2 years before buying a track-only mustang to class race W2W.

You need good brake fluid and pads, stock rotors are fine but won't last but a couple weekends. My 08 would blow power steering pumps so I installed coolers for PS, oil, and tranny all at once. Stock suspension, wheels, etc on street tires. Finally ran a weekend with a set of Hoosier's R6's and pulled 2:18's at VIR (look it up, that's fast!)

My car ran great out the box. Not sure what improvements might exist on the new ones??? Mine was (still is) my daily driver so interior and other MODS weren't an option.
All the things you did to your 08 came from the factory on my 2012. They have made a lot of improvements. The stock brembos are as good as any you can buy. They run them hard at the SRT experience with no brake fade at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.