Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the physical size of the radio? Din? Double din? Width, height, depth?

Looking at after market options and getting confused.

Thanks!

·
Registered
574 Posts
The Opening is 8.125" x 3.75"

double dinn is 7" x 4"

So unless my measurements and research has been all off I think what im posting is correct. its possible im wrong but ive looked into this ALOT while building my CarPC to go in this spring.

.... god help me if im wrong and have been building a case the wrong size

theres double dinn adapters you'll need to put an aftermarket stereo in

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
The head units that Crutchfield sells for our cars are Double DIN, but there is a * beside it. They go on to explain that the units fit our dash, but that some of the structural plastic behind the unit needs to be removed.

·
Registered
574 Posts
dose it say anywhere what the modification is.

I think i know what it is, theres a plastic corner that is not a 90 degree and its kind of like a triangle thing between the corner... i dunno how to explain but its a friggin pain in the a$s.

id be interested if they had a detail installation document about what needs to be modified

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
From Crutchfield, for the Kenwood DNX6960
Says "modified fit". (All the Double DIN say the same thing.)

Installation Details

Modified Fit - Requires Modification
Installation Details for your 2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe
» Because of the way your vehicle is wired at the factory, we recommend that you purchase a connection adapter to eliminate the need for extensive rewiring when you install your new stereo.
PAC C2R-CHY4 $129.99 » To install this product, you’ll have to modify your vehicle. » Modifications to your vehicle's sub-dash are required. » The factory navigation system will be lost if radio is replaced. » You'll lose factory SIRIUS Satellite Radio capability if you replace the factory radio. » If your vehicle is equipped with a factory hands-free cell phone interface, it will be lost if the radio is replaced. »

And a link to the product page. (The pics may help you to compare to your stock headunit.)
http://www.crutchfield.com/s_113DNX6960/Kenwood-Excelon-DNX6960.html?c=3&tp=5684&avf=Y

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can't quite read the model number from your picture. You mind replying with that? My sat subscription is up soon and would like to upgrade the stock head unit.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks! Time to go shopping next week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts