Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be ordering my Rt soon but would like some info regarding the factory rear end. Is the factory Super Track Pack rear end and the Track/Super Track Pac that Mancini Racing offers the same set up. If the Factory and Mancini set are the same I will just order the option when I order the car. If the Mancini set up offers better axles and hubs then I will go that route. I know the package that Dodge offers has several other items included(20" wheels, brakes etc) but honestly these are items I really don't care about. This car will see occasional street time but be at the track most of the time so really looking for the best differential, axle package for the buck.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
The only way to get the Sure-Grip (limited slip) diff in an R/T is to order with the 6-speed manual.

18" wheels get the 3.73, 20" gets the 3.92 gearing...the 20" tire setup is .5" taller, so the effective gear ratio is the same when comparing the OEM tire sizes 235/55-18 w/ 3.73 or 245/45-20 w/ 3.92 with the respective gear sets they are built.

The larger diameter 20" offsets the slightly lower gearing and you end up with the same effective overall ratio as the 18" wheel package.

Super Track Pack option requires:
2010: R/T j-pkg / m-pkg (classic)
2011: R/T Plus or R/T Classic

On the 'stick models, STP adds the larger rear sway bar and SRT spec rear shocks and the full-off ESP capability like the SRTs get.

The axles can be swapped over to what may wish, but you'd already have the limited slip diff by opting for the 6-speed.

On SRTs either tranny gets the Sure-Grip, but automatics on SRTs get 3.06 gearing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts